Motorola, Verizon announcing 'next generation of Droid' on June 23 - [Engadget]

wirezd

Reaction score
so are we only eligible for an upgrade on july 15th if our contract ends this year or does it continue after that?

jesterns2

Reaction score
Thats how I took it. Im up now my wife is up in November so we should both be able to get one now. I`m wondering if there is any chance of a BOGO???

wirezd

Reaction score
Those who bought a droid in november/december won't be eligible for upgrade with the droid x, right?

dakoop

Reaction score
Droid has only been out for a year, right? So that means everybody with the original droid is not available for upgrade? That can't be right.

wirezd

Reaction score
Droid has only been out for a year, right? So that means everybody with the original droid is not available for upgrade? That can't be right.
Yeah, seems wrong to me.

Any confirmation on this? I guess Droid launcher day buyers won't be eligible for upgrade.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yup, you are right. They are trying to convert people that don't have Droids yet. Anyone who bought any of the current Droids using an upgrade or new plan won't be eligible for this early upgrade deal. Luckily one of my lines has an upgrade in August. :D

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yup, you are right. They are trying to convert people that don't have Droids yet. Anyone who bought any of the current Droids using an upgrade or new plan won't be eligible for this early upgrade deal. Luckily one of my lines has an upgrade in August. :D

If i remember correctly isn't an early upgrade after 10 months? The new every 2 is another program all together. But as before you could get a early upgrade and get it for the same price as a new 2yr customer after 10 months out of your 24 month contract.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea some of yall that got the Droid at launch should have an annual upgrade Nov this year....which would make yall eligible too.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just check into it. I'mon a 2 year contract. My annual upgrade is April next year.....I might have to do some sweet talking....I would offer to pay a lil more than $200 if they give me an offer.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder if *411 know about this upgrade deal yet? I need to call them later so I might ask about it.

dakoop

Reaction score
What a crock to piss off the original droid owners. I am gonna ***** to somebody:)

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wonder if *411 know about this upgrade deal yet? I need to call them later so I might ask about it.

They might. I called right after we saw the everybody upgrade thing. They knew about the Droid X, they said on sale July 15th. They probably know now about the upgrade thing too.