Motorola Droid to Thunderbolt....what phone is next for me?

PatrickJ

Reaction score
After owning the Tbolt and going through all the headaches with it I will say that I won't be purchasing any HTC item for a long time. I've been looking @ the S3 & I do like it but was wondering if there are any other phones out there to take a look @ or wait for something down the line?? Any help is appreciated!!

BTW...the Note is way too big for me.

npro1464

Reaction score
The Droid Razr HD & Droid Razr HD MAXX were just launched today, and are definitely worth taking a look at. The LG Nexus 4 will likely be officially announced on the 29th, and if you're interested in leaving carriers for good that is a great option of save a lot of money in the long run. The Note II is coming to the states soon, no time table when it will make it here, but it's an absolute beast of a phone. And HTC just announced the Butterfly, which is another oversized phone, but I'm with you when you say you want to stay away from HTC. All have their pluses, all have their flaws. Depends on what you like. I'd at least wait to see what's up Google's sleeve with their 10/29 event. By then, you'll be able to weigh all your options.

OP
PatrickJ

PatrickJ

Reaction score
The Droid Razr HD & Droid Razr HD MAXX were just launched today, and are definitely worth taking a look at. The LG Nexus 4 will likely be officially announced on the 29th, and if you're interested in leaving carriers for good that is a great option of save a lot of money in the long run. The Note II is coming to the states soon, no time table when it will make it here, but it's an absolute beast of a phone. And HTC just announced the Butterfly, which is another oversized phone, but I'm with you when you say you want to stay away from HTC. All have their pluses, all have their flaws. Depends on what you like. I'd at least wait to see what's up Google's sleeve with their 10/29 event. By then, you'll be able to weigh all your options.

I'll have to check the rumor section about The Event! lol

kookk

Reaction score
I'd take a look at the RAZR HD maxx. If I was to get a new phone right now, that's what I would choose.

drew96dawg

Reaction score

The only thing about it is 8gb of storage and no sd slot. That's a Rumor though so i may be wrong

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
PatrickJ

PatrickJ

Reaction score
The Note is out for me...I love everything about it but it's just too big for me. I think I'm going to pass on The Razor line which leaves SG3 & The Nexus, right? Is the Nexus coming without a SD slot & sealed battery?

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
The Note is out for me...I love everything about it but it's just too big for me. I think I'm going to pass on The Razor line which leaves SG3 & The Nexus, right? Is the Nexus coming without a SD slot & sealed battery?

The Nexus has 32gb's but no sd slot. You can take the battery out tho. I love mine and I think the S3 is awesome as well.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
The Nexus has 32gb's but no sd slot. You can take the battery out tho. I love mine and I think the S3 is awesome as well.

Source? All mine say 8 or 16

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I should have been more specific and said lg nexus 4

OP
PatrickJ

PatrickJ

Reaction score
The lg nexus is supposed to have 8 or 16 gigs and no sd

Ok...that clears it up then! The LG Nexus won't have a SD slot and will have 8 or 16 gigs internal. I think the SG3 wins it for me especially that they will update it to Jellybean in the near future.