Motorola Droid (OC) Beats Droid Incredible in Speed

rushmore

Reaction score
How is the radio signal on the Inc compared to Moto Droid? Reports are suggesting the radio on the Moto Droid is significantly better than the Inc.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is no guarantee that the Incredible will be significantly overclocked, so this may actually be a good test. The Nexus One, which has the same processor as the Incredible, can be overclocked to run just barely faster than the stock speed. Nothing close to double the stock speeds like the Droid's CPU.

Jeepzor

Reaction score
There is no guarantee that the Incredible will be significantly overclocked, so this may actually be a good test. The Nexus One, which has the same processor as the Incredible, can be overclocked to run just barely faster than the stock speed. Nothing close to double the stock speeds like the Droid's CPU.

Well if you want to get real technically the Nexus one and Incredible don't have the same CPU, just same clock speed. The Inc. Has a Qualcomm 8650 @ 1ghz, the Nexus one has a Qualcomm 8250 Snapdragon @ 1GHZ.

Not saying its overclockability is any difference just stating a fact.

OP
M

mejdam

Reaction score

Well if you want to get real technically the Nexus one and Incredible don't have the same CPU, just same clock speed. The Inc. Has a Qualcomm 8650 @ 1ghz, the Nexus one has a Qualcomm 8250 Snapdragon @ 1GHZ.

EDIT
Im sure people would complain that not even a Nexus one vs Droid Incredible is a fair benchmark tests.

Last edited:

BrandonLive

Reaction score
The QSD8250 and QSD8650 are identical except that the former is only for GSM networks while the latter supports both GSM and CDMA networks.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

actually they dont have the same processor.

Nexus one - 1000 MHz Qualcomm QSD 8250
Droid Incredible - 1000 MHz Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD 8650

Im sure people would complain that wasnt a fair comparison either

You just repeated what you quoted.

BrandonLive

Reaction score

Nope, same CPU. Only difference is CDMA support.

Jeepzor

Reaction score
The QSD8250 and QSD8650 are identical except that the former is only for GSM networks while the latter supports both GSM and CDMA networks.

It appears as if you are correct. After researching a little bit I have to come to the same conclusion. So I will retract my previous statement :p

silentbob343

Reaction score
Last edited:

lwl209

Reaction score
Seems like we're comparing cars: a car with suped-up, turbo-charged v4 (droid) to a car with a stock v-8 (incredible). Sure, the modified car might end up being slightly faster, but ultimately the stock V8 is going to be more reliable and refined car.

I think cars are a lot like these high-end cell phones: ultimately, its just about personal preference. What feels the best to you? Is it a blazing fast quarter-mile time, or is it the snappy handling as you make laps around a track?

I made the switch from the Motorola Droid to the Droid Incredible, and I really couldn't be happier. But that's just me.

Last edited:

BzB

Reaction score
Seems like we're comparing cars: a car with suped-up, turbo-charged v4 (droid) to a car with a stock v-8 (incredible). Sure, the modified car might end up being slightly faster, but ultimately the stock V8 is going to be more reliable and refined car.

I think cars are a lot like these high-end cell phones: ultimately, its just about personal preference. What feels the best to you? Is it a blazing fast quarter-mile time, or is it the snappy handling as you make laps around a track?

I made the switch from the Motorola Droid to the Droid Incredible, and I really couldn't be happier. But that's just me.

good analogy with the turbo charged 4cyl vs v8. as a car nut i can relate. :)

silentbob343

Reaction score

good analogy with the turbo charged 4cyl vs v8. as a car nut i can relate. :)
Well, many manufacturers are going with smaller displacement turbocharged engines.

I.E. BMW is dropping the V10 in the M5 for a turbocharged 8, but hey....who doesn't love a car analogy.