Motorola Droid (OC) Beats Droid Incredible in Speed

mejdam

Reaction score
Wow i was as shocked making the video as i am right now. Ran both of them side by side and motorola droid had a faster speed test the the incredible. equal playback of music from sd card and equal boot times. Droid running Bugless Beast v1 overclocked at 1ghz. Keep in mind the incredible not only runs Android 2.1 but Sense on top. Also keep in mind im not a Motorola Droid users defending his phone, i am a new incredible user showing hard facts with video.

UPDATE:
Just ran linkpack on both and Motorola Droid hits 8.2 MFLOPS and Incredible 6.9 MFLOPS

Motorola Droid vs Droid Incredible
[video=youtube;xnY3S7EZoAQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnY3S7EZoAQ[/video]

Motorola Droid vs Droid Incredible 2
[video=youtube;j_ple7W-y8s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_ple7W-y8s[/video]

Fixed Droid Incredible Wifi issue, Re-shot video 2

Last edited:

ZBoater

Reaction score
Very interesting. Thank-you.

Ultimate Droid v10 update w/Bekit's 5x1200LV kernel

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Do the same Stock vs Stock.....
Then again with the Incredible Rootes and OC'ed.....

OP
M

mejdam

Reaction score
Do the same Stock vs Stock.....
Then again with the Incredible Rootes and OC'ed.....

Good idea, restoring my Motorola Droid to stock 2.1. also adding a second video on to youtube. Showing the Linpack results and a second speed test using wifi on www.dslreports.com/mspeed

Last edited:

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Since I have decided to stick with my Droid for now I will be looking into OCing but I'd need the"for Dummies "guide.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm confused by your first test. The Moto Droid's icon show's its on wifi, but the Droid Incredible show's a 3G icon.

OP
M

mejdam

Reaction score
I'm confused by your first test. The Moto Droid's icon show's its on wifi, but the Droid Incredible show's a 3G icon.

well if you notice on video two the power widget shows wifi on but your right, wifi gets disconnected somehow. i didnt noticed that. crap!!

smokiedabong

Reaction score
How about a camera test ? Can you please post two videos taken at the same time in low light conditions , one with the Droid and one with the Incredible ?

JCo352

Reaction score
How about a camera test ? Can you please post two videos taken at the same time in low light conditions , one with the Droid and one with the Incredible ?

I think it's a given that the Droid Incredible will win that one. Just going on how well the Droid Eris does, compared to the Droid in low light.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

well if you notice on video two the power widget shows wifi on but your right, wifi gets disconnected somehow. i didnt noticed that. crap!!

Its cool, :). Video 2 wasn't uploaded all the way yet, but yeah, the incredible on both videos shows its running on 3G and not wifi as the moto shows.

Last edited:

BzB

Reaction score
these benchmark tests might show an oc'd droid will post good or better stats than a stock incredible, but in real world usage the incredible feels faster and more consistently so than a oc'd droid. the droid is still no slouch though and the difference oc'd to stock isn't that much imo.

comparing my 1ghz droid to my stock incredible. just saying..

topaz330

Reaction score
these benchmark tests might show an oc'd droid will post good or better stats than a stock incredible, but in real world usage the incredible feels faster and more consistently so than a oc'd droid. the droid is still no slouch though and the difference oc'd to stock isn't that much imo.

comparing my 1ghz droid to my stock incredible. just saying..

its comparing speed from a rooted 1ghz droid on wifi to a stock incredible on 3g. he's probably going to have to redo the test both on wifi to get results that compare apples to apples