Motorola Droid MAXX 3 and Droid Turbo 3 Coming! [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-turbo-3-and-droid-maxx-3.png

The master Android tech story leaker is at it again! Even Blass recently shared intel that Motorola will be launching a Droid MAXX 3 and a Droid Turbo 3! Of course, we were hoping and expecting this would happen. For now we are going to hold tight before creating a new forum for either device in our Rumored & Upcoming Devices Category. We want to make sure we get a second rumor before pressing forward. Also, it's possible that the rumored Moto X3 could be the non-Droid version of the Droid Turbo 3, so we want to find out about that before we proceed.

In the mean-time feel free to discuss this rumor here in this thread. Also, be sure to check out our Moto X3 rumored device thread: Moto X3

Source: @evleaks

10 oz Year of the Snake Silver Bar - SKU #71915

Last edited by a moderator:

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Isn't it a little early to start new Droid rumors? :D They normally don't launch until October. I wasn't a big fan of keeping the Turbo name into a second year, I liked a new name every year. But maybe that confused people that don't follow phones closely year by year. So maybe keeping the same name each year with a new number makes sense, and helps sell phones? People may understand that it's a continuation of a previous phone and be more interested. Either way, as long as there is still a Moto Maker option, I am on board for either a new Droid (Turbo 3?) or new Moto X later this year. :)

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I am still on my Ultra Maxx which was never updated to Lollipop as was first promised. I will keep this phone until it dies and NEVER buy a Verizion phone again even though I love the Droid line which I have had since the OG Droid. Between slow update schedules and cancelling promised updates plus the bloat ware that Verizion puts on the phones I will buy an unlocked phone from the manufacturer when this one finally dies. Going on three years now and hope to keep it going for at least one more.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I am still on my Ultra Maxx which was never updated to Lollipop as was first promised. I will keep this phone until it dies and NEVER buy a Verizion phone again even though I love the Droid line which I have had since the OG Droid. Between slow update schedules and cancelling promised updates plus the bloat ware that Verizion puts on the phones I will buy an unlocked phone from the manufacturer when this one finally dies. Going on three years now and hope to keep it going for at least one more.
Moto just sent out invites for the droid maxx, ultra, mini..so perhaps you'll actually get that upgrade.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Moto just sent out invites for the droid maxx, ultra, mini..so perhaps you'll actually get that upgrade.
Invites for a new OS? After they already said they were not updating it?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Invites for a new OS? After they already said they were not updating it?

Idk..could be a security update.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Probably a patch for stage freight that is over a year late

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Could very well be .

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
That's a pretty great thing. I'm not sticking up for VZW but Stagefright? Yawn. It was found by people looking for bugs, not 'bad guys'. We hear about these exploits, but no one ever actually gets hit by them. Anyone here get hit by it? What about that Apple text msg that could brick your phone?? No? Yea, I know Apple patches that stuff reasonably quick, but...)
Hmmm. ;)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm sticking with the 2 until late '17.
LG G6 or Turbo 4. ;)
I will more than likely wait until sometime in 2017 before making a decision also. Unless I find another Black Friday deal like I did last year. If that happens then I will probably buy this year's Droid again (Turbo 3 or whatever it's called).

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm just not impressed by some of the changes we're seeing..I need to see something different.. Our hardware is like that of a 1000 HP motor on pump gas right now...and that's awesome.. But I want to see some aesthetic changes..screen...body...design...idk..something to wow me...I'm tired of taking 700$ processor steps...if you follow