Motorola Droid Case Reviews

bigcurt

Reaction score
I think I am going to go with the otterbox; but I don't like how the case doesn't have any holster or anything. Thanks

Reaction score
All I know is that I got a "leather pouch" from Cellairis at the local mall and that thing is already falling apart. I'm gonna have to start looking for something new. And I am very easy on this thing - I work at a desk all day. Just be careful with the mall accessory vendors.

cuskit

Reaction score
I'm still extremely happy with my Gel Cover from VZW. I've dropped my phone a couple times or so - no damage at all. I like the black - it fits the phone aesthetically. Easy to take off should you have to (I don't) and has a good grippy texture. Which has one drawback - it does not slide easily in and out of my pockets... But the trade off for a good grip is worth it. I may be looking closer at the snap covers though, I need a belt clip for the summer months. :) mike

Shelooga

Reaction score
had the transparent case from verizon, awful. dirt gets under there and makes it look dingy. then i got a rubberized one from joe shmo in the middle of the mall and it squeaks and creaks and is bulky. cant find a slim, rubber case like i want. something that doesnt double the size of my phone but still protects it and doesnt let the screen lay flush against a surface

orangepeel

Reaction score
IMO Seidio,or Otterbox makes the best cases. I have 4 cases and these are my favorites. They aren't exactly what I want,but they are the best out at this point...again just one mans opinion.

As far as the best "feeling" case I like the Body Glove,but mine is flimsy on the piece that covers the slider screen....and I hate the way you holster it...give me some kind of a case,not a clip.

Aierwave

Reaction score
Droid case better option in my opinion

I too recently purchased a Droid and the first idea I had was to protect it from damage. I wanted to keep the screen scratch resistant and also protect it. I was going to buy the Body Glove for 29.99 from the Verizon store online or at a local one. In the process I found a better case called Otter Box 40.00 plus tax. The model name is called The Commuter. A very well designed cover with built in rubber in the lining of the 3 piece case design. I especially liked the screen Cover that was included. A very thin virtually scratch resistant screen protector. A little more money than the BG but remember the value of you new gadget, your Droid when purchasing a cell phone case.

jman09

Reaction score
I had the Body Glove case/cover but returned 2 days after I got it, I didn't like the feel and it seemed loose. That was on release day. I've only used a leather hip case since then but I saw the OtterBox on Amazon.com for 25 shipped so I decided to try it out. Thanks to the reviews on here. Now the problem will be waiting a week or so for it to get here, but I've gone 5 months without one so whats a week more.

wayne_i

Reaction score
Duluth Trading Company

I bought a PDA case from Duluth Trading Company a few years ago. It is made of heavy leather and has a snap belt clip and a slide in one (more secure). The retaining strap is held with a magnet, so I ended up using a $4 Wal-Mart snap kit to replace the magnets with snaps. The case is still my favorite for everyday use, and I can keep my body glove cover on to help protect the phone. If I remove the body glove (very easy to do - mine is the one that comes with the swivel holder), I use the horizontal leather pouch (the part I do not like is the metal clip, as the thin covering always wears out in a few months).

I don't know if they still have the PDA case at Duluth, but if they do, I highly recommend this one.

Wayne

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I recently got my Seidio case in and put it on the phone. I love the look and fit of it. It fits the contours of the phone and looks awesome (in sapphire blue).

heutenitaz

Reaction score
Great review. Perhaps some of the problems (laggish performance, keyboard backlighting, camera quibbles, navigation bloopers) can be somewhat mitigated with improvements in software?
The Droid is squarely pitted against the iPhone by VZW. What does this device get compared to for 99% of the review?? Other Android devices. Every other phone gets compared to the iPhone because it's the benchmark for cell phones. The Droid has potential to be an iPhone killer and it gets a small mention in the end.

prchr89

Reaction score
Moto Droid Cae

I just purchased my Droid, and since I spent the money I wanted to have it protected. I bought the Body Glove..... could not stand it!!!! I just bought the Otter Box, and absolutely LOVE IT!!!!! Still has the SLLEK look, and is well protected. Hope this helps

fullthrottle

Reaction score
Has anyone here dropped there phone while in the otterbox? Asking because I want a case that my phone wont pop out of the case if it falls. Thanks