Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
But if you're somewhere with no wifi and want to browse the net etc, you can use your phones data on the lapdock to browse, etc.. basically does what your phone does with a few extras on a bigger screen.

SEGA

Reaction score
But if you're somewhere with no wifi and want to browse the net etc, you can use your phones data on the lapdock to browse, etc.. basically does what your phone does with a few extras on a bigger screen.

Yes, the Lapdock just turns your phone into Laptop state, so all the features are there, 3G/4G, browsing, gaming, make calls, etc. Everything you can do on your phone but larger and with a keyboard-mouse.

[video=youtube;PvfseZLtN50]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvfseZLtN50[/video]

Side Note: If you get the Lapdock 500 it has many features like VGA to PC out, memory slot, Ethernet, even a webcam, but can only do what your phone can do as explained above, nothing more. Lapdock works with Droid 4, Razr, Razr Maxx,and some say Bionic.

[video=youtube;nsm_oGBjCes]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsm_oGBjCes[/video]

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yes, the Lapdock just turns your phone into Laptop state, so all the features are there, 3G/4G, browsing, gaming, etc. Everything you can do on your phone but larger and with a keyboard-mouse.

Side Note: If you get the Lapdock 500 it has many features like VGA to PC out, memory slot, even a webcam.

I think most people jumped on this because of the price. If I'm gonna spend that kind of money for a lapdock, I'd just get a new laptop..

SEGA

Reaction score
I think most people jumped on this because of the price. If I'm gonna spend that kind of money for a lapdock, I'd just get a new laptop..

Well with the Lapdock and your phone you have the power of a netbook, with added features like Calls, true wireless browsing and gaming. It even charges your phone.

If you get a Laptop and/or Netbook you still have to pay for connection if you are not near a hotspot.

So both options have your ups and down. Also the $49.99 accessory for a phone that you already have is a no brainer.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Well with the Lapdock and your phone you have the power of a netbook, with added features like Calls, true wireless browsing and gaming. It even charges your phone.

If you get a Laptop and/or Netbook you still have to pay for connection if you are not near a hotspot.

So both options have your ups and down. Also the $49.99 accessory for a phone that you already have is a no brainer.

Exactly... that's why I picked up the $49.00 one yesterday. Just saying, the others at what? $299? and another.. That I wouldn't pay for a lapdock.

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
If your phone is not a Bionic and doesn't physically fit into the lapdock's, er, dock...can't you just used HDMI and USB cables to connect it?
Just asking, I don't have a Bionic, and I'm not a "techie"...

bdsullivan76

Reaction score
I can confirm the D4 fits into the bionic lapdock snugly. Web top 3.0 is just like the interface on my wife's transformer just w/o the touch screen. For $50. The transformer with keyboard dock was $600. Seemed like a no brainer to me.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

TatDroid

Reaction score
I have to say that for $49.95 it was definitely a no-brainer for me. But it is in no way a replacement for my Transformer, unfortunately. Having Firefox for tabbed browsing is nice - except if you have more than one tab open you get the "low memory" warning. Kind of defeats the purpose.

I've only had the dock for a day, so I've still got a lot to learn about how to use it. But so far the only real advantage I've found over my Transformer is that the lapdock is 3G/4G, so I'm always connected. That IS a big advantage, but it's the only one I've found s far.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using DroidForums

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
Picked up one at a local Verizon store, got the last one they had and could not believe it was clearance for 49.99.

DroidFarmerBill

Reaction score
Well I got mine yesterday and got to use it last night and a little this morning. Its def a very cool little gadget. The firefox browser on it is very nice, its a very easy hook up, and yes I do have the extended battery on my phone, and it fits fine. Having the ability to have internet anywhere, like when traveling or on vacation with no wifi, is extremely handy. Thats the main reason I wanted one, and the $50 cost was just icing on the cake, you'd have to be nuts to not get one for that price. I still have to test how long the battery will hold up, so I know how long of a trip it will work on, but you can send text while your plugged in, and answer phone calls, it just uses speaker phone. All in all I am extremely happy with it, and I must say my wife is a little jealous that her iphone won't hook up to it :)

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I snagged one of these today @ the Cullman Alabama VZW corporate store...only 1 they had.

I haven't checked any other Alabama locations, but I would be willing to vet there are a few out here in the deep South...LOL

No joy though on applying my Government Employee discount since it was already reduced...:(

My Droid

Reaction score
Oh yeah! I just picked up the last one in stock at the Verizon store near me. Thanks for posting about the $49 price!

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well my store did not have one .. guess this item is not in my future

m00m00w4t3r

Reaction score
i picked up 2 (Razr & Bionic). At first they didnt know what i was talking about so i gave him the part# and he found it for $50. I modified the tray for the Razr and now it fits snug :biggrin: