Motorola Droid 3 keeps shutting off

tannernoodle

Reaction score
Ok, I'm totally new to this whole Smartphone craze. I went from an old flip phone to the above phone! :icon_ banana:I've had it about two weeks and I think I finally have it figured out :icon_cool: But last night I was in bed playing Words with Friends or whatever that's called and the screen would just shut off. I'd hit the power button and the screen would come back on to where I was at. Weird...then it kept doing it continuously. :icon_evil: So I started to think maybe the pocket lock deal was setting it off because I was basically sitting in the dark besides the tv being on. So I turned my lamp on and it stopped doing it. Figured that was the problem. WRONG! Today in regular lighting it just shut off on me while I was tinkering with it. What gives? There's no updates for it either...anyone else having this problem? :icon_frown: I don't want to hate my new phone already...

OP
T

tannernoodle

Reaction score
LOL! It's 5 minutes. Definitely not the problem. It will literally shut off as soon as I get the screen to come back on and then it'll quit for a while. I've had it time out on me before but I always knew it was the timer...this is happening within seconds of it coming back on.

senate9690

Reaction score
Haha figured you might have checked that :) So what happens when you turn off the pocket detection? Also, I know its a pain and a last resort but have you done a factory reset?

OP
T

tannernoodle

Reaction score
No I haven't done a factory reset yet. Will that wipe the whole thing out? Contacts and apps? I'm new, remember...:laugh: Nothing happened when I turned off the pocket lock deal. I did that last night and now it's doing it again this morning. :icon_evil: Seems to do it mainly when I'm in the words with friends app...can there be a glich in the app causing my phone to black out? Newbie...remember...:blush:

senate9690

Reaction score
Yea a factory reset would wipe everything, I checked the reviews of the game on the market to see if anyone else is having the problem and didn't really find anything too relevant. I would suggest reinstalling the game to rule it out.

OP
T

tannernoodle

Reaction score
Well I've been playing it for a couple weeks and it just started doing it last nite and now today.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums