Motorola Droid 2 has ROOT!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Those that root, I would not recommend messing with system files until there is a way to fix it like an sbf file. For now rooting should be used for apps unless you are a dev and know what you are doing have money to blow.

bastosero

Reaction score
Is the bootloader for the Droid 2 locked just like the Droid X?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you got it rooted..........let us see

:icon_ worthless:

Nadious

Reaction score
So, being new to Android (I'm slowly getting there), I guess my question is:

If you can Root the Droid 2, which is running Froyo 2.2, does this mean the same method can be applied to a Droid X that is running Froyo 2.2? Or, are there differences?

The reason I ask, is that I hear a lot of people talking about rooting on 2.1 (on the X) BEFORE you install the leak and there's been very little I've seen about gaining root on 2.2. Assuming these are the same OS on the phone, would I be wrong in thinking that you can do the same on the X, just like the Droid 2?

Reaction score
I randomly checked xda today which i rarely ever check compared to here and droidlife and it just happened to be like 10 min after dude posted it. Took me like an hour to do it since ive never used adb before so i had to install it and then add the commands to the path, etc.

But yeah i would recommend this to anyone as long as you copy and paste the code you really can't go wrong. As far as the system files id also advise everyone to leave them alone until there is an sbf or a custom recovery working with nandroid

Someone asked for pics:

screenshot_4.png

screenshot_3.png

screenshot_2.png

screenshot_1.png

screenshot.png

B-Unit

Reaction score
hmmph, now the droid has been eclipsed.

Hardly, this is merely root access, Droid1 has an open bootloader in addition to root access. Untill the bootloader is cracked, its still a stock OS load.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Now I want one...the more new devices that come out (with root) the more antsy I get

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I should start a support thread for the Original Droid owners who are trying to hold out for the end of the year device but keep getting tempted with these shiny new Droids :tongue: