New 30 minute Root Method For The Motorola Droid Ultra Running 4.4.4

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-ultra-1.jpg
[/URL]​

If you have accepted the update to Android 4.4.4 SU6-7 no the Motorola Droid Ultra you will be happy to know that there is now a root method for your current build. This method is said to be dangerous but does deliver results. It has been tested and is known to work on the Droid Mini, Droid Maxx, and Droid Ultra. This does require that you have RSD-Lite, Motorola drivers, the SU6-7 firmware, some various files, and an edited XML file. This method also requires an enormous amount of patience since it can take anywhere from 30-45 minutes to complete. If you are up to this daunting task and really need root on your device head to the link below for the full guide and download links.

via XDA

squeak

Reaction score
In regards to the Ultra/Mini/Maxx: after rooting would I be able to use the Sunshine app to unlock the bootloader? I would love to know.

EDIT: after reading the XDA thread I found it won't work. Oh well.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Well this is great news. For me frankly the thing I'm most interested in is wireless tethering. Since I have unlimited data on two lines, and one of those lines still has the Droid Maxx, I would be able to use the Droid Maxx to wireless tether and provide internet data for a laptop or tablet. Right off hand I can't think of anything else that I would want to do with the rooted phone.

Now let's see if they can get this for the Droid Turbo. That would make me very happy.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Now let's see if they can get this for the Droid Turbo. That would make me very happy.

They've got it with wireless tether, ad-free and Xposed....question is what happens when we finally get the 5.1 update.

I don't really think I need root. I'd like to have it, but I'm also fine with just the USB tether (that may change when I finally get a tablet). If they had true root, I'd probably take the plunge.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
They've got it with wireless tether, ad-free and Xposed....question is what happens when we finally get the 5.1 update.

I don't really think I need root. I'd like to have it, but I'm also fine with just the USB tether (that may change when I finally get a tablet). If they had true root, I'd probably take the plunge.
Really? I'm going to have to see. Haven't looked anymore since the first announcement.