Easy Rooting Guide For Droid 2

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
attachment.php

If you are one of those Droid 2 owners that are not sure how to root your device or simply do not want to follow those long steps, here is a guide for you.
This was posted over at XDA where a member put together a new guide that all you do is follow the 8 step instructions (which I might add are very clear) and presto, your done.

The benefits of doing this are endless. Not only will you be able to flash any ROM to your device but, like jailbreaking your iPhone, you can do just about anything after that.

Here is an excerpt from the guide:
1. Extract and Update Android SDK package to your computer. The file comes in a zip file. Just open it up and drag and drop the android-sdk-windows folder to your C drive. Next, extract the files from the DORoot zip file to the tools folder of Android SDK. You should be moving 7 or 8 files into the tools folder.
2. Install Motorola Drivers
(Tip, to stop the launching of the Verizon/Motorola site, go to the MotoConnect icon in the bottom left, right click, when phone connects, nothing.)
3. Make sure you phone is in PC Mode with USB Debugging enabled
PC Mode: Notification blind -> USB connection -> PC Mode
USB Debugging: Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging
You need USB debugging icon showing in notifications. Try Charge Only if you can't get PC Mode to show USB debugging.
4. Double-click and run doroot1.bat
5. Follow the instructions. You will enter into the shell and be prompted with a $.
Now if those first five steps seem simple enough, just follow the link below to get the files and remaining 3 steps

Source: xda-developers.com

To learn more about rooting, be sure to check out the Droid 2 Hacking forum here: Droid 2 Hacks - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Attachments

• Droid 2.png
    Droid 2.png
    18.1 KB · Views: 17,614
Reaction score
Someone said the other method for rooting the D2 will also work on the X. Does that hold true for this method, too?

tlp10788

Reaction score
I'm new to rooting driods. If my phone is rooted and i have to send it back. How easy is it to put the original file system and OS back on the phone?

Pyzon

Reaction score
And another question-Is this good for D2G's as well ? Thanks-