Motorola Droid 2 Dust UnderScreen Replacement?

snowboarding1236

Reaction score
I had my Droid 2 since i signed up on the forums. Like a month or two ago i started to see dust underneath my screen. I have heard that this is under warranty. If so by who, Asurion or Motorola. If it is Motorola what do I do call them up saying that i have dust under my screen? Also is there a way to get a brand-new phone not refurbished?

Reaction score
This is third DROID 2 and after I had this one about a week I started seeing dust under the screen right below the left edge of the speaker. I went to the Verizon store yesterday and they admitted it is a known problem and I will have a replacement tomorrow. My first phone had an issue where I couldn't hear phone calls and it was about one week old. I did get a new phone right there in the store. The second one was a power button issue but the phone was about a year old and I got a refurb as I am this time...number 4

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
They ALL do it. There is no point in getting a replacement.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
My first two never had an issue with dust under the screen so only 1 out of 3 had the issue. I missed FedEx today but will have my replacement tomorrow. If this one does it I will take it back too!

OP
S

snowboarding1236

Reaction score
They ALL do it. There is no point in getting a replacement.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
yes but my phone is a bit beat up..
I had a replacement from my power button. the button didnt work...
Who do i call Motorola or Asurion?

Reaction score
The one I have now is the one I got from when my power button broke. I walked into the Verizon store and showed them the dust under the screen on this one and they said it is a know issue and would send me out a replacement. It has a few dings and scrapes but they didn't say anything about that. The dust is a known issue and Verizon will replace it.

OP
S

snowboarding1236

Reaction score
Last time i went to the Verizon store they were on strike. I guess i would have to check if they stopped.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Last time i went to the Verizon store they were on strike. I guess i would have to check if they stopped.

Wireless were never on strike. Wireline decided to strike infront of VZW Wireless retail stores.

OP
S

snowboarding1236

Reaction score
Wireless were never on strike. Wireline decided to strike infront of VZW Wireless retail stores.

Well that. Lol I just people ranting.. anyway back to the op..
Should I call up motorola and tell me what happened. Also is there a way to get a new phone and not refurbed one?

Reaction score
Got my refurb and it works and looks like new. Had it several days now and no dust under screen! :)