Dust under Screen

Raydee35

Reaction score
This was a problem with my Storm but my Droid is even worse. I have a ton of dust under my screen, I don't keep my phone in my pocket either. I wonder if Verizon will warranty this or not?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Dust under the screen is covered by the warranty. If Verizon doesnt replace it for you, Motorola will.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Ok so Verizon said no problem sending me a new Droid, it will be here on Monday. Now is there a way to transfer EVERYTHING from my Droid to the new one??

naman919

Reaction score
If you are rooted you can just do a full nandroid backup and then put your old SD card in your new phone. Gain root again and just restore your backup. If you know what you're doing, it's a five minute process.

Short answer, yes.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
I have no idea what rooted is but I have a feeling I better find out.

demon69120

Reaction score
Yes, it's an easy process. Just look around the form. If you already are on 2.1 official, you'll have to flash to 2.1 with the SPRecovery to root. Then, you just make a back up easy as that.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It is an easy process to root once you know how. Rooting voids your warranty. You are about to return a phone. You can root the phone, back up the rom to your card, then unroot the phone and get it back to stock before sending it back in. You may or may not want to go through this process.

To root the phone is to gain admin access. The phone does not come with full access from the store. As stated by others, there are threads covering this topic.

If you'd rather not root the phone you can grab Astro from the market for free and use it to back up all of the apps you have downloaded. The install files will be on your sdcard and you keep that when you get the new phone. This saves you from going to the market to regrab them but you will have to set up your desktop how you want it again.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Well I got my new phone today that is a Refurb, I knew it would be BUT the new phone is horrible. The sliding screen is so loose it feels like it is going to fall off. Looks like it was dropped on the camera a few times and it locked up on me twice within the first hour of use. I am now back to my original phone and even though there is dust under the screen I know the phone is in great shape and never dropped....plus it works perfectly.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
VZW (in store) would not replace my Droid for dust under the screen (3 months old). Said that it was not covered under manufacturers warranty.

Called *611 and they were 'iffy' about allowing an exchange for dust under the screen.

I did get a refurb, but it took some b*tching and some bending of the truth :)