Motorola Droid 2.2 does not sleep

droidspammed

Reaction score
My settings:
Applications
Development
Stay Awake - is not checked.
It says the screen will never sleep while charging.

*** I want the phone to turn off and remain off when I press POWER OFF even when it is charging***

Does anyone know why my phone will not stay off when I turn it off while it is charging? It powers up on it's own each time.

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
yea all droid phones turn on once connected to a power supply. u can remove your battery plug it in and it will turn itself on, its just how the phone functions.

VitsDroid

Reaction score
I have a droid 2 and it does not auto boot when plugged in, it show a battery and the precent of charge. I need to power it up manually to boot the phone.

My first Droid 1 auto booted when plugged in, but the droid 2 does not, at least not in my case. I did not add any programs to make it happen, it was like that when i first took it out of the box and plugged it in and to my surprise it did not autoboot.

jj2palmer

Reaction score
My Droid 2 doesn't do that, but my guess is there is a setting that will fix this in the settings widget. My Droid 2, however, went from 40% power to 0% in about an hour without using it at all. The phone is driving me a little crazy...