Motorola Droid 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detonation

Reaction score
It is Verizon that distributes, Google's OS. Verizon has had, 2.1 for awhile, they and Motorola, need to make it work on Droid, once that is done, and ready for public release, ta da we get to download the OS.

Do you normally place comma's randomly throughout your posts? I'd find it hard to believe that was an actual attempt at grammar...

noinfo

Reaction score
This entire thread is giving me "Windows '95" flashbacks! All the crazy people standing in line at Best Buy at midnight.....all for something that was really not all that significant. It's not like this is even a really big upgrade. Just a few added features that in the scheme of things don't make that big a difference. My thought is that Verizon should take all the time they need to get it right. I definitely don't need problems caused by a rush to deliver. My Droid works great the way it is. If it was a major version upgrade (like 2.x to 3.x), then I could see the anticipation. But this is a minor version upgrade (read: enhancements). There's no big bang here. I think lot's of folks will be disappointed if they over-hype this.

Being one of those people that waited for Windows 95... I have to disagree. The difference between Windows 3.11 for work groups and Windows 95 was, at the time, immense! I do take your point though this will be new features not a major upgrade. but you also have to realize this is kind of a new thing for a lot of people. Updates that add new features, an OS upgrade! on a Cell phone!?! I am not dying for it, but I did manually upgrade to 2.01 and was excited when I saw the lock screen had changed.

ipawd1

Reaction score
I may need to go back to 2.01 instead of this leaked 2.1. Starting to piss me off that I cannot get my keyboard backlit. Does anyone know how to downgrade back to the 2.01?

mitchb2

Reaction score
Blah. I'm just going to forget about this alleged update and try to be pleasantly surprised if it ever comes. Listening to my friend talk about her Nexus features, Flash, speech recognition, gallery, etc., will have to continue.

justicw

Reaction score
I may need to go back to 2.01 instead of this leaked 2.1. Starting to piss me off that I cannot get my keyboard backlit. Does anyone know how to downgrade back to the 2.01?

I think all you have to do is do the same thing you did to get 2.1 only with the 2.0.1 rom.

acehole

Reaction score

Did you save your restore file?

I did revert back from sholes because of a memory leak and it slowed down.
Technically we are testers and we should report back any feed back for the people hacking the roms. That would ensure the we will have a fast stable rom in the future and they catch bugs they did not know about while improving their skills. I did a restore from boot x key, if you wipe it, it will be clean, I just did the restore because I ran out of time and needed to keep my settings so I can go.
Hope this helps.

ipawd1

Reaction score
Yes I saved it on my laptop at home, onto my computer, but is there anything in particular I have to do?

acehole

Reaction score
Yes I saved it on my laptop at home, onto my computer, but is there anything in particular I have to do?

I did not do 2.1 as much as I want to but my understanding (check the guides btw) Is put your back up back on the sd card in its nandriod location and boots x-key wipe, restore, reboot. Your will still be rooted. Sholes offers a stock image with the same if you want pure clean and root, otherwise using yours is better.

I was going to try a updated guide myself, maybe this weekend if I can.

Google is you friend (lol) really for this read a couple guides and it will seem easy. I have links to guides, but not at home...

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is Verizon that distributes, Google's OS. Verizon has had, 2.1 for awhile, they and Motorola, need to make it work on Droid, once that is done, and ready for public release, ta da we get to download the OS.

Do you normally place comma's randomly throughout your posts? I'd find it hard to believe that was an actual attempt at grammar...
ahhhahahaha

Reaction score
Well I just contacted Motorola Customer support and to much ado I got to a level two agent due to my question, anyway I brought to light the fact that the Android Developers are claiming it is ready to be deployed to mobile devices but I couldn't get a straightforward answer in regards to whether or not 2.1 was even in development for the DROID although she did keep hinting to me to call back next week if I was looking for an answer because they will have more information regarding the situation. I did however get confirmation that Flash for the DROID is on it's way to completion so let's hope for both android 2.1 and flash to come out very soon.

onefix

Reaction score
Well I just contacted Motorola Customer support and to much ado I got to a level two agent due to my question, anyway I brought to light the fact that the Android Developers are claiming it is ready to be deployed to mobile devices but I couldn't get a straightforward answer in regards to whether or not 2.1 was even in development for the DROID although she did keep hinting to me to call back next week if I was looking for an answer because they will have more information regarding the situation. I did however get confirmation that Flash for the DROID is on it's way to completion so let's hope for both android 2.1 and flash to come out very soon.

I said it before, but it bares repeating. Verizon/Google/Motorola will not likely announce the new version until it is being pushed to users (2.0.1 was not announced prior to its release). This eliminates calls from people asking for it early or hammering the network to get the update. It also allows them to save face if the update is a day or two late.

Reaction score

I said it before, but it bares repeating. Verizon/Google/Motorola will not likely announce the new version until it is being pushed to users (2.0.1 was not announced prior to its release). This eliminates calls from people asking for it early or hammering the network to get the update. It also allows them to save face if the update is a day or two late.

Yes but also it couldn't hurt to give an ETA instead of a release date. If we just get an approximate date we'll be satisfied just antsy. We're not asking for a definite date.

Status
Not open for further replies.