Motorola Droid 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimChgo9

Reaction score
2.1 is coming, but, like I have said in 2 other threads, the wait is going to be alot longer than anticipated.

Calling Verizon, querying Motorola, and things like that aren't going to get anyone anywhere. I tried through my dad's old business partner who has Verizon connections, and since I got nothing worth reporting, I won't repeat it. It will be released when it's released.

Until then, have fun playing with your Droid.

badz

Reaction score
I love vista. Its a much better os than xp. Developers didn't give it decent drivers at the beginning so it had a bad rap from the start
It was slow and horrible. 7 is what Vista should've been. XP > Vista and Win 7 > XP

Was never slow for me. I ran it on a pretty sweet (at the time) computer. Only problems I had was drivers, since it was 64 bit. But after a while it was smooth sailing...

Not everyone owns a "pretty sweet" computer though.. So if you are running anything with > 2GB of ram you are SOOL with vista. And regardless of who's fault it is on the drivers (whether its MS's fault or the hardware developers) I would still consider poor driver support a huuuge issue with Vista as well. No matter whose fault it is it was still something that completely took away from the experience.

Enough about Windows though. I agree with C3PO and Dave as far as 2.1 is concerned.

Ainvar

Reaction score
This goes to show why companies specially ones that do software development communicates a little more to us on when updates are to be pushed or a timeframe. if something gets pushed back they can provide an update. Staying silent and not denying nor confirming rumors is just a slap in the face. Specially when it comes to development on something like this.

No mater what reasons are given on why information is not communicated 10 more reasons can be said on why it should be and vice versa.

Enough with the smoke and mirrors and staying silent. Give the public info so speculation of angry users done happen from us feeling neglected.

Moto/Google/VZW can promise all day long and announce 2.1 is going to be released but when. The Moto Droid is a very popular device but it seems since Nexus One was released and 50+ more devices are slated all the other devices get left in the dark until they think about updating them. I am not going to upgraded every 6 months just to get an OS and feature enhancement update.

drewshaver

Reaction score
i had vista 64 bit, desktop, it crashed verrry regularly.. was constantly trying to get new drivers etc to no avail, now that it is running 7 all is welll

phone

Reaction score
Mark me up for one of those that would simply like to see the bugs fixed.
For instance, I still have problems with the screen not turning back on when I complete a call. This happens about once a week, and forces me to take the case off the phone and take the battery out. Annoying!

If you haven't, try pressing: ctrl+alt+delete on the physical keyboard next time. That may reboot the phone, without having to take out the battery.

windstrings

Reaction score
Yea, I don't believe I've heard the Fat Lady sing yet!

I think you missed her song.
dr5pv5.jpg

Motorola says no OTA update being pushed to the Droid | Android Central

Wow!... that pic broke my only good eye! :icon_eek:

windstrings

Reaction score
For instance, I still have problems with the screen not turning back on when I complete a call. This happens about once a week, and forces me to take the case off the phone and take the battery out. Annoying!

If you haven't, try pressing: ctrl+alt+delete on the physical keyboard next time. That may reboot the phone, without having to take out the battery.

thanks for the info... taking out the battery is a pain when you have a case that clips on really solid.

Have you ever had it lock up so bad that that wouldn't even work?

windstrings

Reaction score

thanks for the info... taking out the battery is a pain when you have a case that clips on really solid.

Have you ever had it lock up so bad that that wouldn't even work?
Shift, alt, delete worked... I don't see a ctrl

otaku

Reaction score
To everyone who got the mystery update:

Did anyone else notice this comment in an Engadget Mobile article about the phantom update?

That's what Motorola Europe posted at its facebook page:
"Motorola Europe To all our Android fans, we’d like to share that the staggered release of the 2.0.1 update has started with France and Italy today, 18 January. Germany and the UK will follow shortly – as soon as we have the confirmed date, we’ll post it here."

Could this mean Motorola somehow accidentally pushed the 2.0.1 update to some US users? This would explain why nothing changed in the phones that received the update, and why people who have examined the update.zip say they are having differences between it and a standard 2.0.1 release.

Just a thought.

windstrings

Reaction score
Could this mean Motorola somehow accidentally pushed the 2.0.1 update to some US users? This would explain why nothing changed in the phones that received the update, and why people who have examined the update.zip say they are having differences between it and a standard 2.0.1 release.
Just a thought.

You lost me...... just because some got it in the US, why would theirs have no change their received the update?

You'll have to be patient with me... I'm blind. :icon_eek:

newmonium

Reaction score
sounds to me with their tweets, moto is taking the 'we neither confirm or deny the validity of any statements' approach. that says to me that its in verizon's hands to release said software. Again, this is speculation, but what hasn't been to this point

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
Just a thought.

You lost me...... just because some got it in the US, why would theirs have no change their received the update?

You'll have to be patient with me... I'm blind. :icon_eek:

i actually couuld see that as possible. if europe got their 2.01 update the SAME day as some US users. i believe moto or whoever sends the OTA messed up and sent it to some people. or maybe verizon knows who rooted their phone and sent an ota to people who are rooted. and got it taken away.

who knows. moto says no. people say yes. who knows? are people lying? i dont think so. but a possible resending of the 2.01 OTA due by the release of 2.01 in europe the same days is possible if you ask me.

i never got it. so.... yeah
it is 2.01 i guess? so it did nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.