Motorola Bounce Coming December: 'Shatterproof,' 5.4-Inch Display, 3,760mAh Battery & More [Rumor]

TatDroid

Reaction score
Shatterproof, really, must have some type of new bionic front glass panel.
Plastic. The only reason glass has been used is because of scratch resistance. But manufacturers have been working feverishly to improve scratch resistance of plastics.

Sent from my Droid Turbo

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
This phone comes with a soft pillow instead of a case... New promotion just announced.. It's a marketing genius...

NexusSix

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Seriously, isn't it about time someone made an unbreakable screen? I'm surprised it's taken this long.
I'm looking at you, Corning.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No, but until a few years ago I never heard of SAPPHIRE GLASS either. A few years before that I had never heard of unscratchable glass.
And technology marches on.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I am not a glass expert (and will never claim to be), but shatterproof does not mean unbreakable. From some basic reading, shatter proof glass is also very less scratch resistant. Maybe they are trying to make this shatter proof and scratch resistant at the same time? There is a good article / post on here somewhere about the different types of glass available for phones.

Edit: Found the post with some good info about glass.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Sapphire glass is actually more fragile than Gorilla Glass. It just has a higher scratch resistance. That's the issue that the glass manufacturer that Apple put out of business ran into. They could get the process to create enough flawless, higher impact resistant samples so they folded up shop.

I have two sons that would put this Bounce to the test. It's almost guaranteed they could break it without it even being intentional lol

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks Jonny. I also linked that thread on Post 22, but maybe not clearly enough

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
i wonder what the glass will be. but i am interested. i get home in a month and am itching for a new phone. but i could wait to see how this pans out...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Thanks Jonny. I also linked that thread on Post 22, but maybe not clearly enough

My bad. I knew someone had mentioned it, but I've only been popping in and out of this thread here and there, so I probably just missed it.

EDIT: Nope. I just missed your edit. Haha

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
My bad. I knew someone had mentioned it, but I've only been popping in and out of this thread here and there, so I probably just missed it.
No worries, all is good.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm guessing since willow glass is flexible.. And there's been a few years for some upgrades..it'll be something like willow..but we'll see I guess