Moto Z Physical Keyboard Mod Reaches Crowd Funding Goal!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
android-authority-moto-keyboard-mod-840x631-jpg.77433

A few days back we saw the announcement of Blackberry's KeyONE. The KeyONE will be the only Android Flagship phone to include a physical keyboard. The last phone that I had with a physical keyboard was the Droid 4. Over the years I have become pretty good at using an on screen qwerty keyboard however the sometimes I think it might be nice to have a physical keyboard. Samsung has a keyboard case for the S8, and now we have a fully funded project for a physical keyboard mod for the Moto Z.

The Moto Mod has more than 900 backers who have ponied up more than $100,000 towards the project. The keyboard mod adds a sliding and tilting 5 row physical keyboard to your Moto Z. You can get in on this early for just $60 which will guarantee you a keyboard. The retail price is $120 for the Mod so this ensures you half off.

via Indiegogo

Attachments

• android-authority-moto-keyboard-mod-840x631.jpg
    android-authority-moto-keyboard-mod-840x631.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 2,249

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's good to see so many of these new Mods reaching their funding goal. Hopefully they can all get into production mode soon and start releasing their products.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
hopefully this is just the beginning... by allowing modders and people with ideas to actually reach these goals it shows moto is actually serious.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
So far as it seems that Moto has the beat formula for a Modular Platform that has reach Production. I am still waiting for the Moto Mod that is also Modular. Like Project Ara or Nexpaq. To be able to Expand more would really bring the Device to more incredible heights. Time will tell.