Moto Z "Edge" Moto Mod Concept Brings RGB Light Notifications To The Device!

han4mi

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z (unlocked)
Twitter
ChromaMod
Thanks for your feedback guys! Always looking for ways to improve our concept :)
Tom

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey tom, I'm assuming you are from edge mod? Quick question. Could you guys combine two mods into one that has led, battery and wireless charging? If not, could I know why?

han4mi

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z (unlocked)
Twitter
ChromaMod
Hey tom, I'm assuming you are from edge mod? Quick question. Could you guys combine two mods into one that has led, battery and wireless charging? If not, could I know why?

I'm the founder and CEO of the company, so in case you guys have any questions I'm glad to answer them all. Regarding combining both mods - we had a poll regarding the mod versions that we should develop several weeks ago. The great majority of votes was split between Force (battery) and (Air) wireless charging. This is mainly due to the difference in features that people want and the mod thickness (3.5mm vs 5mm).

We cannot offer both options at this time because it would complicate development (the prototype, beta firmware and app is finished) - we would need major design changes to the electronics in the Force mod. We're not a huge company that can make these choices at this time. The priority is getting the 2 versions out into the market ASAP, while focusing on the user's experience, quality and necessary certification. This doesn't mean that we won't offer different versions in the future, but I would prefer not to overpromise and underdeliver.