Moto X Will Be Unveiled August 1

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
motox_1.png

Folks the time has finally come. Motorola is going to be unveiling the highly anticipated and massively hyped Moto X on August 1, 2013 in New York City. If you still have any doubts (you crazy?) look closely at the bottom right hand corner--that's definitely the Moto X. Who just got even more excited?

Source: Moto X Forums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Though I have no intentions of buying I am ready to see the rumors put to rest and see this phone in the hands of reviewers. If motorola market and price it right this can be a niche device. There are people who dont care about having the top of the line specs they dont know or understand why quad core is better than dual core other than it has "more cores". They would rather have a phone that is priced right and if you throw in that they can make it with their name on it, favorite color, and engraved and they are happy.

dumbass

Reaction score
The chick with the red hat is also holding a Moto X in her right hand that resting on the guys shoulder.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
\There are people who dont care about having the top of the line specs they dont know or understand why quad core is better than dual core other than it has "more cores".

I'm not sure that, other than games, quad core is really worth the money...and I suspect the battery savings are very marginal.

Although I suppose it may be much faster browsing, and if so that is worth considering. Anyway, I'd probably prefer 2gigs of ram over a quad core cpu. And storage over both.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Why not just 3gigs ram and 4 cores ..hehe...

But is anyone having issues ?I keep hitting the RSVP and the link is down ':confused:

N2 tap'd HD

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
If this is going to be a budget device with some decent specs, I might consider trying to get one. Before I wanted the best device out there, but I'm changing my stance on that. If it has a good camera, good internal specs, options for storage, and very development friendly, I'll probably look to this device over an S4.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Anyone else notice that the X isn't the same font as Moto? It looks more like the Nexus X.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
Anyone else notice that the X isn't the same font as Moto? It looks more like the Nexus X.

Interesting observation! You sir have just piqued my interest a bit more in this device!

Redsnk95

Reaction score
I am in the group that does not need top of the line specs. I don't play games so this could fit the bill for me. The no SD card part stings a little but it is what it is. And since I am on Verizon I can't get the Nexus devices. This will likely be the closest that I can get to a Nexus device on Verizon. I just hope that the rumors are correct in that the software is optimized for the hardware. So not having top end specs won't really matter.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com

I said a year ago there would be a Motorola Nexus 5 by November of 2013. I don't believe this is it, I think it will be octa-core (BIG/little).

Developers need to be able to optimize apps for this type of processor, can't do that without having a development device. An international S4 just doesn't cut it for those of us in the States.