Motorola Teases Moto X Event Again; Final Official Press Shots of Moto X Leak

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
It looks like a launcher because that's what 99% of all launchers try to make your screen look like... Stock Android. The difference is that the bloat isn't hidden by the launcher, it's not installed at all.

newbroot83

Reaction score
It looks like a launcher because that's what 99% of all launchers try to make your screen look like... Stock Android. The difference is that the bloat isn't hidden by the launcher, it's not installed at all.

Im yet to see a launcher that uses the stock icons though. The blue phone and green messaging app are what im referring to. I realize I can change the icons, but I pretty hate that look. Picky? Definitely.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
? The blue phone and green messaging is what stock looks like, right? I think I don't understand.

samsung-galaxy-s4-htc-one-google-edition.jpg

Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Google-Edition-3.jpg

newbroot83

Reaction score
Stock for every device I have owned has been a white envelope with a yellow paper and a green phobe icon . The only time ive seen these icons was in a launcher or rom

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
Stock for every device I have owned has been a white envelope with a yellow paper and a green phobe icon . The only time ive seen these icons was in a launcher or rom

Launchers and ROMs usually utilize the stock icons by default.

Blue phone and green message bubble/face are the default Dialer and Text Messaging icons, respectively.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL

LoL! That was V2.3 Gingerbread! We're up to 4.3, my good man!

home-plain.png

newbroot83

Reaction score
Nice. My razr is still 4.0 snd my note 2 is 4.1 so I haven't seen it yet.

jpiarull

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force Droid
Twitter
jpiarull
Nice. My razr is still 4.0 snd my note 2 is 4.1 so I haven't seen it yet.

Your RAZR is 4.0????? I ported over JB as soon as it came available few weeks after that my mother got ota for jellybean.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
The likely hood of the bootloader being easily unlocked is far higher if its sold on the play store. Verizon isn't going to let it happen. So that's why that's a priority to me personally

or maybe I miss read your post. I read it as, why is the play store essential.

No my point was you said "ONLY" on the play store, and I'm not following why that is important if it's available on both the play store and in Verizon?

Rodimus4180

Reaction score
350 for the the x with 32 gigs of internal sounds good to me, which is two hundred better than what I paid for my RAZR HD Dev edition.

End of Line.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
To keep the subject rolling, what is the max you would pay for this device on the Play Store?

$1.

J/k Part of me thinking that I may be selling the Mx8 processor short and that it may actually surprise me along with the other features. But I am going to keep putting this phone down because the last motorola phone I ignored surprised ma and was the best phone of its time (og droid) . Every phone after that I hyped up and it let me down so I am going to talk junk about it and put it down and see where it takes me.

newbroot83

Reaction score
Your RAZR is 4.0????? I ported over JB as soon as it came available few weeks after that my mother got ota for jellybean.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

Yes but its a different carrier

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
If its at Verizon, it won't cost 300-350. You know?

Besides doubting whether VZW can charge over the MSRP, it would make no sense because they wouldn't sell hardly any. The question is only whether VZW will allow this on their network (and whether they charge you a premium for the SIM).