Here Are The Names Of The Upcoming Motorola Devices!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-x-vs-moto-x.jpg

Evan Blass of @evleaks has taken to the web again with some new information about the upcoming Motorola devices which will be announced at a special event next week! According to his twitter post we should see the release the next gen Moto X will be called the "Moto X Play", the next iteration of the Droid series will be the "Droid MAXX II", and there will be a new device called the Moto Surround (maybe the next version of the 360??!!) The leaks coming from this twitter account have always been a sure thing. Does this get anyone else excited? I see three more devices that I will have to add to my list of must haves for the fall.

via @EvLeaks

CKD2

Reaction score
Droid Maxx ll? Wow, I like the sound of that. I wonder if it'll be better than the Turbo.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Droid Maxx ll? Wow, I like the sound of that. I wonder if it'll be better than the Turbo.

Earlier rumors were a 5.7" and 5.2" device, and people thought that was 2 Moto X's....maybe, looking at the pic, the Moto X is 5.7" and the Max II is 5.2". Also, that bigger X sounds like a beast (64bit cpu, 4 gigs of ram), which probably means a little lesser specs in the "smaller" phone (for some reason).

I'm interested to see what the Moto Surround is. I guess it's similar branding to "360", it's just curious they dumped 360 so quickly (maybe numbers like that don't work well for branding purposes). Anyway, fingers crossed the new 360 brings more than just interchangeable watch faces and straps.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
If I had to guess.....I would say that is not the new "Droid" model and is the Moto Maxx 2.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
You mean because it's AT&T and Droid is a VZW exclusive?
That.....and no Droid Command Center widget. Moto usually likes to show off their new Command Center widget on new Droids. And it's a little early for a new Droid announcement.....no activity on the Droid Landing twitter page. It's just a guess though...anything is possible.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

thunderbolt_nick

Thunderbolt Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.nickburress.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Twitter
@nickburress2k2
Moto X Play...hmmm. So many implications there. I'm still hoping the take a note from their previous iterations and keep some of the same added features. One of the things I hated leaving when I got the N6 was the ambient display and some of the Moto Connect features.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
They don't typically reveal the droids with the other devices...Verizon unveils the droids..usually a month after the moto unveiling..but everything is different now, now that Samsung isn't going to toeing up to apple..everything "should" happen faster..like 3 years ago..

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I would like to get that job.. Naming Stuff...