[Rumor] Motorola is Working on a New Device Called the Quark X

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
evleaks-moto-quark-x.png

Although a good bulk of the news will be about the Samsung Galaxy S5 and several other devices launched at Mobile World Congress this week, that doesn't mean there won't be some potentially exciting news from out of left field. For example, we found an intriguing rumor regarding Motorola's next project. It's supposedly a new device called the Quark X, and it has likely been in development since before the Lenovo buyout announcement.

There are no details given about this device other than the name, so we are left to speculate if it is a smartphone or a tablet or something else entirely. Industry speculation suggests an official announcement of this device sometime this summer. What do you think it could be? The next smartphone or maybe a Moto X tablet?

Source: @evleaks

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Quark sounds like some sort of hybrid, maybe a laptop/tablet combo.

I'll just guess, based on what Lenovo paid, that Moto didn't have anything earth shattering in its pipeline.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
I'd guess that it's a spec bump on the Moto X. It's actually the only phone I'd pick up because I'm on VZW so I can't have a Nexus device.

I love the software on the X. The only two shortcomings for ME are the screen size and picture quality.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'd guess that it's a spec bump on the Moto X. It's actually the only phone I'd pick up because I'm on VZW so I can't have a Nexus device.

I love the software on the X. The only two shortcomings for ME are the screen size and picture quality.

If they bump the ram, or at least include an SD, I'd be all over it. Screen size is perfect for me. I don't watch hardly any video or play games on my phone, so 720p is just fine.

B-Unit

Reaction score
When I hear quark, I think small. Either a wearable or a miniature X are my best guesses.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Going with a wearable on this one since Moto is working on one

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
And "quark", by the way, sees like an awful thing to name it.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Maybe a tablet.. Lenovo has been releasing a number of tablets recently

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk