Moto X+1 Reaches Beast Mode

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
motox-1-plus-bench.png

For those folks who weren't too happy with the Moto X and its specs when it rolled out, you should stop and take a look at what the X+1 is going to be sporting under the hood. She's going to be a real powerhouse.

According to the GFXBenchmark test it looks like Motorola will launch the Moto X+1 with Android 4.4.4, and its safe to say there will be plans for an update to Android L. Under the hood, there's the screaming fast Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 chipset with a quad-core 2.5GHz Krait CPU, 2GB of RAM, and the Adreno 330 GPU.

Internal memory should sit at 16GB despite the 10GB pictured (partition space left over ). We're counting on Moto also having a 32GB version available at launch as well. The display is Motorola's largest yet at 5.2" and it sits at full HD resolution.

Moving around to the back, the X+1 houses a 13MP shooter that is capable of recording 4K video, while moving to the front reveals a 2MP camera recording 1080p video. No selfie videos please.

The Motorola Moto X+1 will be announced alongside the Moto 360, Second Gen Moto G and a new Bluetooth headset on September 4 in Chicago.

If you were already a fan of the Moto X the X+1 should really light your fire. Beast Mode!!

Via: WebTrek

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I promise I won't resurrect my mad rants from last year's release of the X, but I'll try to quietly note: what *should* make the X+1 a standout phone is not the hardware, but the Google brainpower behind the hardware-software interface, and more importantly, the wide variety of optimizations and intelligent programming (anyone remember "contextual awareness"?). But alas Google sold the phone to Lenovo -- who knows who's at Motorola developing the Moto X+1? -- it's not Google people I assume, and now it's "just" a Motorola phone.

Don't get me wrong. The X is a surprisingly good phone. Actually it's an excellent phone. And the improved hardware will make the X+1 even more attractive. But I'm sorry that the original vision seems lost.

-Matt

jspradling7

Reaction score
As much as I'll want to, I'm not going to get one right off the bat. I'll wait for the 32gb, developer addition, or motomaker version. I waited when the X came out and was glad I did.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Shooting 4k video on that phone will let you record for... 10 minutes before you are out of room :D

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
1097?
Hmmm unless that is an international version (given 1096 was outed as a vzw moto) those specs look an awful like the rumored nexus 6 except running on 4.4.4. Just have me even more interested in this moto nexus.

But yes 32 -64 GB should be the norm for high end phones especially if it does not have a SD card slot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I bought the 1st Razr ( which I'm still using) and later wished I had waited when a better Batt. life Razr came out. So It sounds like the phone I have been waiting for once I find out the Batt. life. 32g ? Not sure I need that much, depends on how log I have to wait.
Thanks for the Info.

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You beat me to it BK, front facing speakers = complete package (assuming good battery life). I can only hope they carry that to the N6 as well.

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
Two things I do not like about my Moto X (which to some are trivial):
1. I can't root the damn thing!!
2. 16GB of storage space

I will likely shell out lots of money for a Moto X+1, but only at least one of those things is met: More storage.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I need both those things ..Haha
But I will wait on Nexus ...and by then I will probably have gone thru a few others haha

M8 tap'd

grenefroggie

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Nexus 5
I don't NEED root, as I have proved to myself with my Moto X. It is nice to have, but I will live without it.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I can't do it ...first I need no ads ...Xposed mods ...and write to sd card ...although no sd card on Moto ...

M8 tap'd
I can't either.....if ads weren't an issue I would have no problem keeping my current device stock. Simple root with AdFree and I'm happy.

tap'n on my S5