Moto X+1 Shows Up in Benchmark with Snapdragon 800

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Motorola-XT912A-GFXBench.png

It looks like the Moto X+1 will be more than just a minor refresh if the latest intel is accurate. The device just showed up in some online GFXBenchmarks with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 in tow. We aren't 100% sure the device in the benchmark is the Moto X+1, but it has the model number XT912A, which is the exact same model number for the current Moto X.

The benchmark also revealed a slew of specs for this XT912A:
  • Snapdragon 800 with Adreno 330 GPU
  • 5.2-inch 1080p display
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 24GB of storage (strange?)
  • Android 4.4.3 KitKat
  • 12MP rear/2MP front facing cameras
See... static benchmarks can be useful sometimes! (If only for the intel they provide...)

With these specs, if they can keep the same aggressive pricing, Motorola might just have an even bigger success story with this phone than the last one!

Source: GFXBench

shane1

Reaction score
That model number is from the RAZR the moto x is 10** depending on the variant

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yup...which means...its gonna be a thin phone.... Hopefully not tho. I dont really like the super thin phone anymore.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
So a sizeable jump in the screen size, which is very unfortunate (Moto was about the last manufacturer to make a high-end phone under 5"?), and still no SD card...

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's not Samsung, so I'm interested.
I loved my Motorola phones, Droid X, Boinic, Razr, Razr Maxx, Raxr HD.
I only switched because the S4 was a superior device to anything Motorola was shipping.
With Lenovo and not Google, let's hope the buck the trend and add removable storage.
HTC put it back and LG is rumored to be putting it back on the G3.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Moto originally used it for the RAZR series, but they also used that model number temporarily for the Moto X as a placeholder before it was launched. Either way, it looks like an intriguing new Moto device whether it is called RAZR or Moto X+1.

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Id like a 5.2" device. I like my Moto X but I just wish it had a bigger screen. I came from a Bionic to the Moto X and although I went from 4.3 to 4.7", it really doesnt seem like its that much bigger.

Reaction score
WHAT!? No barometer? What the heck kind of idiot would buy a phone without a barometer? It is only the most important feature of all the great flagship phones.

That's it, I am done with Moto now that I have seen this rumor.