Moto unlock for GSM help

Killtrip

Reaction score
Hi,

Hopefully I can get some help with these questions.

I've got a Droid 3 running Hash's CM9 last stable release (3-17) I think. I know there are more recent nightlies, but haven't installed them. Not opposed to that, just haven't done it yet..

Anyways..

I live in the states. In two weeks, I will be in Ireland. So I'm wanting to use my phone over there.

I've gotten the unlock code from Motorola, no worries there. I had read in a number of threads that I can prompt the unlock code by inserting a stateside TMobile or ATT SIM, so that I can enter the code before I even head over there. I tried this today, booted up.. and no prompt for an unlock code. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not able to find reference to someone who has encountered this issue. Or do I need to just wait til I get overseas and try an Irish SIM?

My other question, and the reason I'm posting in this forum) is what do I need to to enable CM9 to operate on the Irish GSM system? I've read about some GSM patch? But all I've found is a RAZR GSM patch.. is this the one I use? Or is there some other one to use? I've also read reference to editing the build.prop.. as well as some .APK needing to be deleted..

What precisely do I need to do to be able to use GSM?

Or do I just install MavROM for my time over there (I'd prefer not, I really like the CM9)

Thanks in advance,
Killtrip

max8126

Reaction score
Try this:
Go to Settings, More, Mobile Networks, Network Mode -> GSM only