Moto Droid calling people in the middle of the night

Droidude

Reaction score
This morning (3am), I woke up to hearing someone saying "Hello? Hello? Hello?". When I looked at my phone, it had called 10 people, which were the last 10 people I had called the day before. I use my phone for business, so having it call people in the middle of the night is definitely not a good thing! :cus:

Has anyone else had their phone call people?

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i have NEVER seen this happen before. sounds like your droid MIGHT be trying to take over the world. i would back up everything you can, and do a hard reset as fast as possible.

OP
D

Droidude

Reaction score
Where is the hard reset button on the Droid? And do you know what it will wipe out and what it will save?

Thanks!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Before you do that, call up verizon tech support, see what they tell you. Because a hard reset will wipe out everything on the phone and rebuild it from a recovery build.

DroidFan

Reaction score
I was getting strange calls at 3 am last night too!!! I got 3 of them and then it stopped. I doubt it was the phone calling me, but the number on the call log was 880-1-67-5590870...any ideas???

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'm seriously starting to think those commercials were not a joke. These devices really might be "waking" up. Sort of like War of the Worlds...I think I may return mine to VZW and just get a flip phone.

I just locked my Droid in a safe. Not risking anything.........

J

JohnDroid

I'm seriously starting to think those commercials were not a joke. These devices really might be "waking" up. Sort of like War of the Worlds...I think I may return mine to VZW and just get a flip phone.

Don't forget your tinfoil hat ;)

bamfsig45

Reaction score

Don't forget your tinfoil hat ;)

Mine is always close by if not already on top my head.

DaHarder

Reaction score
Sweet!

I had no idea that Motorola/Google had engineered the DROID with Artificial Intelligence.

(Looks over at DROID eagerly awaiting some sign of perspicacious autonomy) :)

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Hmm, maybe the Visitors are intercepting transmissions and dialing up those that have been hiding out on Earth for the past 7 years.

rooster

Reaction score
My droid has also called somebody in the middle of the night, put itself on speakerphone and made a call by itself at 3:30 am.

My buddy also has a droid and it called is ex at 4am as well.

stiggy

Reaction score
Could it be a malicious app doing this? Everyone with the issue should list out their apps and see what matches.

DroidFan

Reaction score
I don't have any crazy apps:

NY Times
Google Sky Map
Google Voice
Twidroid
Weather.com
Pandora
DC Metro (for train times)

That's it!!! Anyone else??