A gremlin in my guy's Droid... ramdomly dialed and texted in the middle of the night

Sunset_Point

Reaction score
We've had our Droids for about two weeks and they've been working fine... until last night. My guy's Droid suddenly decided to call about a half dozen people in his Contacts and text his daughter 30 garbage text messages between about 3:30 and 4:30am while he was sleeping. Are there any "bad apps" out there that are known to cause issues like this? He hasn't downloaded any apps from any source except the Verizon marketplace.

rkeller62

Reaction score
I have heard reports of this happening with some aftermarket 3rd party chargers. Was he using the OEM charger at the time?

OP
Sunset_Point

Sunset_Point

Reaction score
Nothing but original equipment

Yes, it was charging using the plug/cable that came with the phone.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Weird! I would uninstall everything. You can also start the phone in safe mode, which disables all downloaded apps temporarily, I think.

I'm not sure about the Verizon Marketplace but if it's anything like the Android Market then there are definitely apps that have bugs. This stuff is all pretty new. There may even be malicious apps...like the one that was posing as a bank app but really wasn't.

OP
Sunset_Point

Sunset_Point

Reaction score
Android Market, not Verizon Marketplace

Sorry, I meant Android Market, not Verizon Marketplace. Didn't have the phone in front of me when I was typing it in.

OP
Sunset_Point

Sunset_Point

Reaction score
Last edited:

ExactDroid

Reaction score
remove all your apps you have installed..... see if it still happens.... if not then add them one by one each day and see which one is causing this.

If it still does it with no apps, do a factory reset and try that.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
remove all your apps you have installed..... see if it still happens.... if not then add them one by one each day and see which one is causing this.

If it still does it with no apps, do a factory reset and try that.

This is a good idea. If you list all of your apps we might be able to help you decide on thee safe ones to speed up the process.