Moto 360 makes a teaser appearance?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ah8glTK.png

The Verge's editor in chief was on the Tonight Show showing off a couple of tech gadgets and looks to have on a Moto 360 watch around his wrist. On a story broke by Android Authority, you can clearly see the watch while he is showing off other gadgets. Check out Oh, look, it?s the Moto 360 on the Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon to see the video.

We are officially in the Summer season; will we see the watch before Google I/O which is is a few weeks?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My thoughts:
Since seeing this photo:
moto-360.gif

There seems to be a concern that the watch face may be too big. But after looking at more photos I think it may be a feasible size. Being this is a new territory it is going to take time for manufacturers to cut their teeth. Just like smartphones have evolved you can expect the same for smart watches in the future. You do not want to make the screen too small where it makes it a challenge to make distinct selections but you also do not want it to be so large that it restricts movement. The first release is the toughest as you can expect bugs (hopefully minor) and other issues as the industry continue to evolve. I suspect we may not see the best iteration of what a smart watch should be for at least another 2 years. By then other manufacturers will throw their hat in the ring looking to make their niche in the market whether it be going for high end or affordable. The more manufacturers and ideas that hit the market the more we get closer to devices that the market decides that not only is it acceptable but becomes a (perceived) need similar to where smart phones and tablets are today.

moto-360-park.jpg

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Looks good to me..

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
My thoughts:
Since seeing this photo:

There seems to be a concern that the watch face may be too big. But after looking at more photos I think it may be a feasible size. Being this is a new territory it is going to take time for manufacturers to cut their teeth. Just like smartphones have evolved you can expect the same for smart watches in the future. You do not want to make the screen too small where it makes it a challenge to make distinct selections but you also do not want it to be so large that it restricts movement. The first release is the toughest as you can expect bugs (hopefully minor) and other issues as the industry continue to evolve. I suspect we may not see the best iteration of what a smart watch should be for at least another 2 years. By then other manufacturers will throw their hat in the ring looking to make their niche in the market whether it be going for high end or affordable. The more manufacturers and ideas that hit the market the more we get closer to devices that the market decides that not only is it acceptable but becomes a (perceived) need similar to where smart phones and tablets are today.

If you look at mens watches, they are enormous as it is. That looks very comparable to normal watches as it is now.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Might be a bit outside of my budget range... but I like it just for the watch design alone. It's a cool looking watch.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk