Editor in Chief
- Dec 30, 2010
- Reaction score
- Austin, TX
Here's another Android Wear smartwatch story for your morning pleasure. The latest Android Wear update, which is version 4.4W.2 is rolling out OTA. It contains a number of significant fixes and upgrades.
Here's a quick summary:
- Smart Battery Saving - When your battery hits 15%, your Moto 360 will turn off ambient mode, so you don’t have to remember to.
- Timely Time Checks - Moto 360 will synchronize the time with your phone more often to make sure it is up to the minute.
- User Interface Tweaks - We observed with consumers that there are many times where you want to use your Moto 360 as truly a classic watch—a beautiful way to see the time. A new gesture now lets you see the full watch face without permanently dismissing a notification. Just touch the top of a notification and swipe down. You’ll see the notification again when you have another high priority notification.
- Mood Lighting - Moto 360 will adjust to the lighting of the room while charging, so that it isn’t too bright or too dark.
- Readying the wires for Bluetooth - There are a couple of under-the-hood enhancements that will pave the way for connecting Bluetooth headsets to the watch.
- Bug Squashing - As usual, bugs are squashed to enhance the overall user experience.