Moto 360 to be the First Android Wear Smartwatch with an Ambient Light Sensor

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's another cool innovation that the Moto 360 Android Wear smartwatch will be known for. According to a Tech Crunch hands-off video (shown above) at Google I/O 2014, the new Moto 360 will be the first Android Wear smartwatch to include an ambient light sensor.

Of course the primary purpose of this is so you won't have to constantly fiddle with the brightness settings in different environments to be able to see your watch-face. The watch will automatically adjust that for you on the fly.

That's just one more way that Motorola is upping the ante and delivering a more premium smartwatch device than anything that has come before. It appears that Motorola isn't even bothering to compete with the current Android smartwatches. Instead they are going straight for the jugular of the as yet un-released, rumored Apple iWatch.

Smart move Moto! Enjoy the video above!

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
A neat feature that would further enhance that, the dial should be off until you look at it. Ala Casio. Let's explain, when driving and your handle is at 10 or 2 the display is inactive. Turn your arm to glance at the watch and the display is on. No driving distractions.

Can't wait to get my paws on one.

sent from my XT1080 using tapatrash