Android Wear Gets Updated to Version 4.4W.2; Moto 360 UI & Battery Tweaks and More

Ophus

Reaction score
I received the update a couple of nights ago. I'm liking it so far, especially being able to swipe the notifications away without completely getting rid of them.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Not if you're running a non-stock watch face. Mine runs around 24 hours then says I'm done.

So...anyone get this update yet? I keep checking but nothing.

I use a face called RichWatchFace right now and that is what I got 38 hours on. It has a battery meter on it and month/day on it too. I also use Golden Beauty which has an animation on the face with a smooth second hand...same thing. At the same time, even before the last update, I had great battery life when people were getting 8-10 hours max.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Just used this method to force my update to come through, saw it on a G+ post.

1. Uninstalled Android Wear from phone
2. Unpaired the 360 in Bluetooth settings of the phone
3. Reset the 360
4. Rebooted phone
5. Installed Android Wear
6. Paired the 360 again
7. Checked for updates
8. Downloaded and installed

I also like being able to swipe down the notification and not lose it completely. The ambient charging is still not useful for me as the screen does not go off all the way. I still enable ambient, put on charger, wait for dim, then turn off ambient. Not going to risk burn in.

Charging right now, will report back for other performance increases.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hey Syd, If you ever want to get rid of that 360... Just sayin'. Also, I know a good lawyer who could write up a quick will for you and add me as beneficiary too. ;)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Hey Syd, If you ever want to get rid of that 360... Just sayin'. Also, I know a good lawyer who could write up a quick will for you and add me as beneficiary too. ;)

I shall bequeath it to you for sure FoxKat, should anything mysteriously happen to me that is.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
No updates for me. I've done every trick