Most Fluid Moto Droid 2.2 Experience?

Game4set

Reaction score
So I'm getting a replacement Motorola Droid1 today in the mail and before that I had the leaked 2.2 on my old Droid. The problem was that there were constant redraws with Launcherpro and the phone was soooo damn slow compared to 2.1! So now I'm here to ask you guys what's the best 2.2 ROM with the most fluid experience and zero redraws (I want to experience the actual 2.2 speed that everybody keeps talking about :D).

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
redraws are an issue of Launcher Pro... not the Droid, and not 2.2

OP
G

Game4set

Reaction score
redraws are an issue of Launcher Pro... not the Droid, and not 2.2
Well it's just that I've been reading about it for the past few days and people have been saying there's something up with the way Froyo has been managing its memory and how it keeps closing Launcherpro. And other people also reported having the same issue with AWD launcher.

Bugless Beast V0.4... Plain and simple!
And does Bugless Beast V0.4 have any redraw issues or slowdowns?

Eschy

Reaction score
BB.4 with LP. Turn dock loop off, turn off 2.1 hack, Keep in memory, screen caches on and compressed, enable high quality scrolling, set opening speeds to 6. And get minfree manager and set it to aggressive. no more screen redraws at least none yet. Thats the gist of it. I dont have my phone next to me to tell exact details but this is pretty close to my phones setup.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I've tried several Froyo ROM's and so far Sapphire seems to be the most stable of the bunch.

Then again I've only been running it for 3 days, but no issues so far.

naman919

Reaction score
BB.4 with LP. Turn dock loop off, turn off 2.1 hack, Keep in memory, screen caches on and compressed, enable high quality scrolling, set opening speeds to 6. And get minfree manager and set it to aggressive. no more screen redraws at least none yet. Thats the gist of it. I dont have my phone next to me to tell exact details but this is pretty close to my phones setup.

Tried a few of these options and seems to be a bit more stable and redraws less. or it's just wishful thinking.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I believe it is half mem usage, and half the screen off speed set. I use 2.2 and ADW, set min to 250, issue occurs much less.

nateccnn

Reaction score
I just installed FRG01B lastnight and so far I have to say this is the smoothest ROM I've ever had on my phonbe. I installed it with the 800 mhz kernel packaged by P3Droid posted at mydroidworld. I feel no need to change out the kernel.

I like the stock look and feel. Never have been a fan of custom ROMs. Not that there's anything wrong with that sort of thing. Just not something that makes me go "ooooooooohhhhhhh, ahhhhhhh". I like smoothness, speed and stability and that is what I am seeing in FRG09B.

Nate

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the stock look and feel. Never have been a fan of custom ROMs. Not that there's anything wrong with that sort of thing. Just not something that makes me go "ooooooooohhhhhhh, ahhhhhhh". I like smoothness, speed and stability and that is what I am seeing in FRG09B.
Funny. That's exactly what I have with BB 0.4.

In other words, custom ROM's and smoothness/speed/stability are not mutually exclusive.

nateccnn

Reaction score

In other words, custom ROM's and smoothness/speed/stability are not mutually exclusive.

My point is that you don't need a custom rom to get those things. Are we in agreement or are we argueing. I need to know so I can take the proper stance. LOL

Nate

MrC1122

Reaction score

My point is that you don't need a custom rom to get those things. Are we in agreement or are we argueing. I need to know so I can take the proper stance. LOL

Nate

now that's funny stuff right thurr =}

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

My droid runs fine off of froyo. I don't need a custom ROM. If you want to know the truth about custom ROMs live in this forum like i do. You can see What's the real deal....and what isn't.

OP
G

Game4set

Reaction score
Well fellas so I decided to just use the stock non-custom ROM and from there I'll probably upgrade to a custom ROM if I experience any redraws. Thanks for all the help and I'll be checking some of the custom ROM threads in the next few days!