Mororola Droid Bionic Ads Arrive at Best Buy

King_Bean

Reaction score
I thought I was a phone nerd until I came to this website and started reading threads like this. I've got nothing on you guys.

Reaction score
If the stratosphere "galaxy s2" isn't here the 8th, guess I'm buying this thing the only thing putting my off is its missing the ability to talk and browse at the same time

phatkat66

Reaction score
If the stratosphere "galaxy s2" isn't here the 8th, guess I'm buying this thing the only thing putting my off is its missing the ability to talk and browse at the same time

That's a feature i can live without. None of the phones I owned have that features so Im not really missing much. Except it would be nice if I can drive on the phone while the GPS stayed fully active.

DoctorV

Reaction score
This is how I feel as well. I would like to have the 1.3/2.0mp available and just go to settings to stream to 0.3vga quality. Instead of having 0.3vga forced and the only option.

Like our 8mp 1080p video recording ability. Do I take all my pix in 8mp of course not, majority is 5mp and sometimes for emails/text ill shrink it to 3mp. I prefer option over force.

But i agree i should wait and see how the bionic's vga camera comes out and judge from there. I would just be more attracted to a full on "everything i need is here!" spec sheet instead of that one ugly spot that is drawing my attention.

That's exactly how I feel. I want options.

Here was my feeling toward the ffc from another thread:

"I'm fine with the specs. The only spec left that I'm still concerned about is the front facing camera. I really hope it's not VGA and it's at least one megapixel. It's not a deal breaker for me but it is annoying. I think VGA cameras should be outlawed; they make pictures look like garbage and not even worth taking. From now on the entire tech industry should all agree that it's 1 megapixel and up from here on out :icon_evil:"

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
Seems like people are still looking forward to the Bionic. Isn't the Pen-tile display still a major drawback? I'm now seriously considering the Samsung offering now depending on how the Bionic looks. I don't think I could settle for anything less my D1's display which I think is gorgeous.

tcayton49

Reaction score
Seems like people are still looking forward to the Bionic. Isn't the Pen-tile display still a major drawback? I'm now seriously considering the Samsung offering now depending on how the Bionic looks. I don't think I could settle for anything less my D1's display which I think is gorgeous.

The newer pentile screens are incredible! the bionic's screen will likely be much better that the D1's display. Plus it will give better battery life.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Pentile really isn't bad. I went and looked at some X2s and D3s and the only time the screen looked off was looking really close at the battery icon. From a normal viewing distance, everything was fine.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I thought I was a phone nerd until I came to this website and started reading threads like this. I've got nothing on you guys.

Haha! Hey, I just take comfort in the fact that all people seem to be up in arms about...is the front facing camera. Personally I find it kind of creepy having to stare at someone while they stare back at me for the duration of the conversation. If all that's not up to snuff about it is the FFC, bring it on! :)

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
The Pentile really isn't bad. I went and looked at some X2s and D3s and the only time the screen looked off was looking really close at the battery icon. From a normal viewing distance, everything was fine.
Went to a Verizon story yesterday and fiddled around with the X2. Right off the get go I saw horizontal lines throughout the display that were just horribly distracting. The color was washed out and was nowhere near as nice as the super Amoled+ screen on my buddies phone. The super Amoled screen even at lower resolution looked incredibly rich in color and very very sharp. As I feared, my Droid 1's display was much nicer than the X2's.

If the Bionic's display is anything like the X2, Motorola has lost a customer. Samsung Galaxy sii is looking better and better...