Mororola Droid Bionic Ads Arrive at Best Buy

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
bionic-best-buy-buyers-guide.jpg

Earlier today we had a rumor that the Droid Bionic might come on August 26th. While there is no confirmation of this, some other signs seem to suggest that it is possible; the newest sign is that ads for the phone have begun showing up in Best Buy's Buyer's Guide. Some of the primary specs have been confirmed by the ad, but it still doesn't give a specific date or price. Regardless, the device showing up in Best Buy fliers is a very good sign!

bionic-best-buy-buyers-guide-2.jpg

Source: BionicForums.net and AndroidCentral

phatkat66

Reaction score
UGh VGA ffc..... i really wanted a 1.3mp that's the only flaw i find with this phone for myself. Everything else I really like but I want a clear image when i video chat with my friends << which has been a growing trend in my life lately.

Reaction score
UGh VGA ffc..... i really wanted a 1.3mp that's the only flaw i find with this phone for myself. Everything else I really like but I want a clear image when i video chat with my friends << which has been a growing trend in my life lately.

Interestingly enough, laptops having been using 1.3MP cameras for their webcams for years. Just how many MP to you plan on pushing through your connection and still expect crystal clear voice quality?

phatkat66

Reaction score
From what i've read, verizon's 4G connection is on par,give or take a couple of mbps, with a wifi/wired connection which a laptop IS running on. I rather use the 4g connection I will have available to push 1.3 mps than 0.3mps. I honestly never seen a VGA camera phone so Im not sure what to expect but from many many reviewers no one likes vga over 1.3 ffc

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
From what i've read, verizon's 4G connection is on par,give or take a couple of mbps, with a wifi/wired connection which a laptop IS running on. I rather use the 4g connection I will have available to push 1.3 mps than 0.3mps. I honestly never seen a VGA camera phone so Im not sure what to expect but from many many reviewers no one likes vga over 1.3 ffc

I with you on that, with all the hype around this phone you would think Moto would make a bit more current.

phatkat66

Reaction score
I'm sure we'll be fine with a VGA FFC. How often are you really going to use it???

I keep in touch with friends and family out of state. And each one of them after getting a phone with ffc has been bugging me to tango/oovoo/skype with them. We even use it the hard way (mirror in front of my rear cam) so im already using it pretty often. The FFC is just to ease what im already doing. Id just like for it to be clear and not murky looking or w.e. complaing people have with VGA

Reaction score
Sure, a 1.3 or even 2 MP camera would pull better video than a VGA, however, Say I want to skype my with her iPhone4G (3g) phone that has a 2mp camera on it. Who is going to receive the better end of the deal? With my Bionic 4G, I am easily going to receive her 2MP quality, however, would she receive the same quality if I were transmitting a 1.3MP or even 2MP back at her? Quick answer, No.

I believe that is the reason why Moto has kept the VGA, because it will still have fair video, and it will transmit faster to someone whose phone has either 3G or 4G. Good Point?

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well most programs like Skype and Oovoo (I believe) only use max resolutions of 640 by 480 without you having to pay for HD streaming anyways. I don't know if this is how it works for phones too but I still don't think you're going to be streaming video in a much higher resolution than that. And we don't know how well the VGA camera works on the Bionic so let's not knock it yet.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sure, a 1.3 or even 2 MP camera would pull better video than a VGA, however, Say I want to skype my with her iPhone4G (3g) phone that has a 2mp camera on it. Who is going to receive the better end of the deal? With my Bionic 4G, I am easily going to receive her 2MP quality, however, would she receive the same quality if I were transmitting a 1.3MP or even 2MP back at her? Quick answer, No.

I believe that is the reason why Moto has kept the VGA, because it will still have fair video, and it will transmit faster to someone whose phone has either 3G or 4G. Good Point?

Very good point. But couldn't you just lower the resolution of the video while streaming or video chatting? Just a thought.

Reaction score
Very good point. But couldn't you just lower the resolution of the video while streaming or video chatting? Just a thought.

Yes, but, really what else would you use a front facing camera for? Unless your a teenage girl that wants to hold your phone over your head and take another 100 pictures of yourself that look exactly the same. :p

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okay fair enough, you win. I was just thinking of a higher quality picture. I mean if this is a 4G phone and you can use applications like skype over 4G, than the bandwith should be able to handle higher resolutions like 2MP at the most for FFC? Just another thought.

joker402

Reaction score

I thought the iPhone 4 was VGA? Anyways I call say that for FFC you don't need high MP. Do high MP mean nice quality? Yes but its not that noticible. On my Xoom, charge, TB, evolution and of galaxy tap it was all the same quality when I video chat with others. Atleast to me it didn't make that much of a difference.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

phatkat66

Reaction score
Okay fair enough, you win. I was just thinking of a higher quality picture. I mean if this is a 4G phone and you can use applications like skype over 4G, than the bandwith should be able to handle higher resolutions like 2MP at the most for FFC? Just another thought.

This is how I feel as well. I would like to have the 1.3/2.0mp available and just go to settings to stream to 0.3vga quality. Instead of having 0.3vga forced and the only option.

Like our 8mp 1080p video recording ability. Do I take all my pix in 8mp of course not, majority is 5mp and sometimes for emails/text ill shrink it to 3mp. I prefer option over force.

But i agree i should wait and see how the bionic's vga camera comes out and judge from there. I would just be more attracted to a full on "everything i need is here!" spec sheet instead of that one ugly spot that is drawing my attention.