More and more people choosing the D2 over DX

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Droid X didn't offer any substantial improvement over the Droid 2. The Droid 2 has a physical keyboard and wins.

If they made the Droid X with a keyboard and a bigger screen that had a better resolution, it would be a different story.

If they made it bigger, keyboard, dual core processor, lte 4g network, better resolution, unlocked bootloader, they would have the greatest android device since the droid 1. They would stomp the heart out of the iphone 4.

devinhfox

Reaction score
Dx is too big for me, and the huge ridge on the back made it even worse. Not very pocketable, but good for a man purse I guess.
Droid 2 fixed some of the shortcomings of the OG droid, so it was a no brainer for me, I especially like the doubled RAM and larger keyboard.
Now about that locked bootloader...

County Mike

Reaction score
I bought the X and thought I would miss the physical keyboard. After a couple dayswith it, I began to prefer the screen keyboard. My wife bought the D2 and now regrets it. She says it's too heavy and it's much slower than my DX.

LOL, you should fix it for her then. It's not possible that the 2 is "much" slower than the X. The processor, ram, specs are the same. If it is much slower she has a software problem and you should fix it for her.

I would if I could. I haven't been able to figure out what's causing her problems. I told her to take it to the Verizon techs but so far she hasn't had the time. I'm curious about rooting but I don't feel confident enough in doing it. Worried about turning the phone into a brick and voiding the warranty.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I bought the X and thought I would miss the physical keyboard. After a couple dayswith it, I began to prefer the screen keyboard. My wife bought the D2 and now regrets it. She says it's too heavy and it's much slower than my DX.

LOL, you should fix it for her then. It's not possible that the 2 is "much" slower than the X. The processor, ram, specs are the same. If it is much slower she has a software problem and you should fix it for her.

I would if I could. I haven't been able to figure out what's causing her problems. I told her to take it to the Verizon techs but so far she hasn't had the time. I'm curious about rooting but I don't feel confident enough in doing it. Worried about turning the phone into a brick and voiding the warranty.

If it's sluggish a factory reset might be the way to go. That way you wouldn't have to root or any of that if you are not comfortable.

hunterjones35

Reaction score
I'm getting more used to the swype feature on my DX and it's working for me, I like it. But I have to say I do miss my Blackberry keyboard sometimes...I'm sure I'd be satisfied with a D2. I would miss the big screen though.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

darknecrotic

Reaction score
I had a choice between the Incredible, the Droid 2 and the Droid X.

I fiddled with all 3 and I preferred the tactile response of the Droid 2's physical keyboard. The Droid X was too big, didn't fit well in my hand. It looks like something fun to throw at a nun's head.

olean

Reaction score
I like the keyboard on the D2. That was the deciding factor for me. I think you either love it or hate it. Phones are like cars...I couldn't imagine driving certain ones, but someone loves them.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

eggsped

Reaction score
The DX certainly doesn't fit in my hand as nicely as the D2 does. The larger screen on the X is schweet and I kind of like using the on screen kb in landscape mode better than the physicial kb on the D2. I traded my wife my X for her D2 and within 2 hrs I got the "take this pos and give me my phone back" from the wife, she hates the X and wouldn't trade her D2 for it. The only true advantage is that the X seems to get a little better battery life than the D2 which is opposite of what I expected, based on my typical usage that is.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Inverse

Reaction score
The DX certainly doesn't fit in my hand as nicely as the D2 does. The larger screen on the X is schweet and I kind of like using the on screen kb in landscape mode better than the physicial kb on the D2. I traded my wife my X for her D2 and within 2 hrs I got the "take this pos and give me my phone back" from the wife, she hates the X and wouldn't trade her D2 for it. The only true advantage is that the X seems to get a little better battery life than the D2 which is opposite of what I expected, based on my typical usage that is.

Yeah, it's got a slightly bigger battery~ but same processor. Battery was meant to compensate for the bigger display~ but it doesn't really tax the battery as much as moto thought it did perhaps, because it definitely has a bit more juice than the D2. Not by much, but noticeable.

Processor speed seems to be everything when it comes to battery life.

Freaking love the D2 though~ had the DX been 4" and had a keyboard tho, it'd have been the perfect phone. Maybe they'll make a DX2. XD

eggsped

Reaction score

Yeah, it's got a slightly bigger battery~ but same processor. Battery was meant to compensate for the bigger display~ but it doesn't really tax the battery as much as moto thought it did perhaps, because it definitely has a bit more juice than the D2. Not by much, but noticeable.

Processor speed seems to be everything when it comes to battery life.

Freaking love the D2 though~ had the DX been 4" and had a keyboard tho, it'd have been the perfect phone. Maybe they'll make a DX2. XD

Yup a 4" D2a with a little more room between the top row of keys and the screen would be ideal, or at least stretch the screen on the D2 to take up a little more of the empty space.

The real thing is that both phones function pretty much the same and are equally fast / laggy depending on your perspective. It really comes down to which style you prefer.

My 15 y/o has a D2, got in on the VZ family package deal posted a while back, and I can always find an excuse to make her trade phones with me as a punishment if I really want to revert to the D2 :icon_evil: Besides, I have to unused D1's sitting on my dresser I could use as well so the X is a good option for me.

Last edited: