Monkey see Monkey do: S8 no headphone jack?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
my Samsung Omnia did not have a Headphone Jack & neither did the Samsung Black Jack. There were many phones back in the day that did NOT have 3.5mm Headphone jacks. Hell at one time all there was were 2.5mm Jacks. Apple is Hardly the First but as with many things because of the way Apple advertises and Draws attention many think they are the first. Like these "Simply Magic" Commercials riding in the Rain. Um NOT the first that could get wet. They were the First to Make you your phone look like crap using Glass on Both Sides so when you dropped it it was totally cracked. I give them that.
I'd forgotten about that. The Omnia came with what like 20 adapters for just about everything. I've still got all that stuff in a box.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
I'd forgotten about that. The Omnia came with what like 20 adapters for just about everything. I've still got all that stuff in a box.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
Not to mention it had the expandable stylus. .

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I think the only real argument with not having a headphone jack is the ability to charge and listen to music. Now Samsung has a built in work around with wireless charging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
No love for WinMo Phones. I remember buying my 1st one a Moto Q9m just to use my slingbox one the go. They were Smart phones after all. Samsung Blackjack was 2006 no headphone jack, whole bunch of interconnecting cables for headset and charging. Heck these phones were out before 1st gen iPhone.

I had a Q and a Q9C. ;)

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Users want thinner lighter devices.. Removing the headphone jack get you 1 step closer...

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Most users I know and or talk to think we've gone thin enough. I don't know anyone that's been clamoring for "thinner". I think this is manufacturer driven.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Removing the headphone jack does help with making the phone more dust and water resistant as you remove another entry port.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
1) phones are thin enough, hence all the 'bendgate' nonsense and batteries only last 45 mins lol

2) wireless charging is a gimmick b/c it limits you to not using the phone, unlike with a cable you can use the phone while its charging, pick it up, talk, watch video, play catch, all while still plugged in.

3) bluetooth this bluetooth that, nothing works like a mechanical connection. PERIOD, anything else is personal preference...

4) android O = Oblaat

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
When I travel I like to listen to or watch to things I enjoy not what everybody else is watching/listening to. My headphones keep the other noise out and the wanted noise in while my charging port connects to my large 13000 battery that can charge the phone (or tablet) while keeping it operating and is the whole reason why I stopped yelling for replaceable batteries - well until my wonderful Note 7...

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Users want thinner lighter devices.. Removing the headphone jack get you 1 step closer...
They want it thinner after putting the protective case on it so it won't break from being so thin

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Just remember folks, there are far worse things in the world to be concerned about than a mobile device not having a headphone jack.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Just remember folks, there are far worse things in the world to be concerned about than a mobile device not having a headphone jack.
Like what? This seems to be a bigger issue than anything. I'm surprised the networks aren't reporting on it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

cerisecons

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 22 Ultra
Like what? This seems to be a bigger issue than anything. I'm surprised the networks aren't reporting on it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
It's huge, wait until Kanye gets this story, it will be the final straw to snap his twig...

Sent by my new S7-Edge

redbert31

Diamond Member
Reaction score
True.. Especially since there is an adapter for the moto z force that goes into the charging port

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk