Mobile Hotspot app not working?

PIMKO

Reaction score
Trying to tether my Droid 3's 3G network to other units (laptop, tablet, etc.) through the factory installed Mobile Hotspot application. Have tried it on a couple of different units, have full reception but get "limited access" regardless. What gives? Cell provider confirms there is no limitation on mobile network sharing. (Droid 3 (XT862), Safestrap v3.05, Android version 2.3.4, system version 5.6.890).

doogald

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't use it much; I tend to use tethering with my iPad LTE more, the few times that I use it.

My phone is at 5.7.906. You say Safestrap 3.05, which I also have, but are you running a custom ROM, or just stock 5..6.890? Why not upgrade to the OTA if you are still stock? I'm on Minimoto at the moment, which is also 5.7.906. I'll give it a shot later and let you know what I find.

doogald

Reaction score
I just tried the mobile hotspot and was able to get it to connect and allow connectivity on my ipad and iPod touch at the same time. I didn't try my laptop, but I'm sure it would have been fine.

Configuration is as I listed above.

OP
P

PIMKO

Reaction score
I haven't upgraded the OTA because I have been told it doesn't have any significant updates, plus I don't want to mess with backing up apps, pics and SMSs.

Thanks for doing the checking, tho! Mine still says "limited access" although I get the blue icon on the Droid that claims the units are tethered.