Mobile BlackBoard

cwzwack

Reaction score
I am getting my MBA and because almost all classes are offered in the evening, there is extensive use of BlackBoard. I noticed the program is offering a "Mobile Learn" software for Android phones and clicked the link to learn more about it. Here's the link

When I looked at the download now section, it says only for Sprint phones. Does anybody know why that would be the case? It obviously has something to do with the carriers, but the Android OS is pretty consistent between carriers, isn't it?

slushbilly

Reaction score
my wife has a sprint samsung epic and the blackboard app does not even show up in her market?

lius69

Reaction score
The reason is that Bb signed a contract with Sprint that gives them the ability to provide the service free to their customers, as well as iPads, iTouch and iPhone. Anyone outside of the Sprint network on an Android phone would need to have their University sign up for a paid service in order for it to work. You many need to contact your University to see if they have the pay service to allow all carriers or if they are just using the free version, some may not be using the service at all.