[MM Theme] 928Droid "Android Glass" for ESE81 Pure Stock Rooted Droids

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
[MM Theme] 928Droid "Android Glass" for ESE81 Pure Stock Rooted Droids!

This is the latest version of my "Black Glass" theme with all the Stock Orange/Yellow Button Presses, testfield surrounds and Highlights etc. changed to "Android Green".

"Droid Does" accents are also changed to the Green Android Icon.

This MetaMorph XML Theme works on 2.1 ESE81 "Pure Stock Rooted" ROMs or any ESE81 Based ROMs. See the apps/apks that are Themed in the list below. My Themes only update image files so they will not effect custom coded versions of apps.

Perfect Stock Smoothness, Speed and Stability, especially if no other themes have been applied.

This is an XML MM Theme that will change basically all App headers, footers, Menus. Also all Menu Icons are darkened to match.

My theme has a unique method for working around the Notification Bar Clock color issue since Pure Stock Roms are not currently able to change the clock color. It is not perfect in Landscape mode, but am working on a fix.
UPDATE: Fix for Clock Background is to use my new Droid Pulsar Battery Status MM theme with Glass Black backgrounds. Download Link: MM Theme- Droid Pulsar Battery Status with "Black Glass"
8156d1273929768-mm-theme-928droid-black-glass-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-pulsar-animation-2.gif

Framework-Res theming shows up in most all Market and 3rd Party apps.

Direct themes of the following Native apps are included, it is recommended to apply all of them for a uniform look.

AccountAndSyncSettings.apk
AlarmClock.apk
com.android.deskclock.apk "2.1 Desk Clock" (apk must be installed in System/app)
Browser.apk
Calculator.apk
CarDock.apk (Car Home)
com.helixproject.launcher.apk (apk must be installed in System/app)
com.helixproject.launcher2.apk (apk must be installed in System/app)
Camera.apk
Contacts.apk - added in v1.2
DownloadProvider.apk - added in v1.1
Email.apk
GenieWidget,apk (News and Weather app) - added in v1.2
Gmail.apk
GoogleApps.apk - added in v1.3
Launcher.apk - New "2.1 Style" Black Theme
MediaUploader.apk
Music.apk
Mms.apk
Phone.apk
Settings.apk
Talk.apk
Vending.apk
VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk
YouTube.apk
framework-res.apk

As specified in the Theme File details, do the Framework-Res.apk last, it will either auto-reboot or you will get a screen to manually reboot. You will have to reboot your phone when you apply the last part (framework-res)..sometimes it will do it on it's own. Don't panic it will be fine. If you get a hang on the first reboot, pull the battery and boot again. Never seen it cause any more issues than that.

Since so many apps are themed, the system will get faster as you use each of the newly themed apps after the first time. Also you will loose Home screen Shortcuts for some of the Native apps/Widgets after theming, just add them back again.

IF you have previously installed some other themes I would HIGHLY recommend at least pushing a stock 2.1 Framework-res.apk FIRST before installing my theme. A lot of themes I have seen have large thumbnail files in them which can effect overall performance.

Please do a search in this Forum if you are unfamiliar with MetaMorph theming.

Download Link. MM Theme - 928Droid "Android Glass" for ESE81 V1.3

Changelog:

v1.3
  • Added GoogleApps.apk to theme, Green colored "Google" Icons in Contacts, Accounts and Sync pages (screen cap below)
  • Complete re-theme of Notification Bar Icons (see Icons below)
  • New Lock Screen Icons (screen cap below)
  • Various tweaks/enhancements.
8229d1274028204-mm-theme-928droid-black-glass-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-icons-theme.png

v1.2
  • Added "Android Glass" Tabs and Enhanced Icons to Phone, Contacts, Brower/BookMarks, Music, and News/Weather apps
  • Additional enhancements and tweaks
v1.1
  • Added Theming for DownloadProvider.apk
  • Enhanced Icons for Settings Menu
  • Additional enhancements and tweaks
8228d1274027631-mm-theme-928droid-black-glass-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-lockhomenotwid-theme.png

8112d1273864084-mm-theme-928droid-android-glass-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-bookmarks-bw.png

8113d1273864102-mm-theme-928droid-android-glass-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-phone-theme.png

8114d1273864120-mm-theme-928droid-android-glass-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-music-theme.png

8116d1273864208-mm-theme-928droid-android-glass-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-genie-set-bw-theme.png

8117d1273864291-mm-theme-928droid-android-glass-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-volumecaroptionmm-theme.png

8230d1274029089-mm-theme-928droid-android-glass-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-contacts-google-android-theme.png

Attachments

• LockHomeNotWid Theme.png
    LockHomeNotWid Theme.png
    285.2 KB · Views: 447
  • BookMarks BW.png
    BookMarks BW.png
    140.6 KB · Views: 2,951
  • Phone theme.png
    Phone theme.png
    89.2 KB · Views: 3,463
  • Music Theme.png
    Music Theme.png
    158.2 KB · Views: 2,934
  • Genie Set BW Theme.png
    Genie Set BW Theme.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 2,932

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Looks good!!!

Just see one issue with the pulldown shade in the pics.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
There is a green droid in the background of the e-mail notification. Also with the green tabs need to have the little sliver that continues across the same color.

komradefox

Reaction score
hmm, i still see both issues on my phone, :/ did you don't correct the link?

komradefox

Reaction score
Still have the same issues.

unevenness with the green color in the phone app. at the top near "phone" and "call log"

in the pull down menu there is still a green droid in the bottom of the last notification.

for landscape mode, there is no green droid in the background except for the bottom of the last notification. i realize my landscape picture looks funny but i think this is just because my of drocap.

Attachments

• CAP201005122140.jpg
    CAP201005122140.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 692
  • CAP2010051221401.jpg
    CAP2010051221401.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 346
  • CAP201005122145.jpg
    CAP201005122145.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 376

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
928, just wondering did you .9 patch those files an recompile in eclipse? May need to set stretch parameters. I like the green are you going for more colors cough cough orange cough cough

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Still have the same issues.

unevenness with the green color in the phone app. at the top near "phone" and "call log"

That's the best I am going to have time for at the moment...may work at getting it more even later. I guess I can revert back to the stock grey like others use, but for me that small area is not a big deal, especially to have the splash of color there.

in the pull down menu there is still a green droid in the bottom of the last notification.

That is a reflection in the "glass", I work hard to make it do that! ;)

for landscape mode, there is no green droid in the background except for the bottom of the last notification. i realize my landscape picture looks funny but i think this is just because my of drocap.

Those images typically do not show up in landscape mode.

BUT, keep in mind I offer a Full Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee on all the Free Themes I do....if you are not happy with them in any way, we will refund 100% of what you paid for them! :)

dancedroid

komradefox

Reaction score
haha, i didn't mean to come off as a punk. i just wanted to bring them to your attention.

the green tab alignment has certainly satisfied my OCD.

Thanks for the theme, i like it a lot :)

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
haha, i didn't mean to come off as a punk. i just wanted to bring them to your attention.

the green tab alignment has certainly satisfied my OCD.

Thanks for the theme, i like it a lot :)

No problem, I am glad you mentioned it, it was late and I was going to let it go until later...but thanks to you, my OCD is now pretty happy too!!

Glad you like the theme.