928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Did the Market FC after rebooting? It is normal to get a couple of FCs during MM APK install.

Upate.zip works great, doesn't even effect widgets or shortcuts when applied! You can go from Theme to Theme, or Stock to Theme in under 3 minutes :) But my current version doesn't set permissions correctly, you have to go back and set them manually. Getting some help from a big gun to fix my upate.zip template, will release update zips then.

BTW, check the Round Battery thread, last page for the Pulsar zips.

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It FC'd in the middle of theming, and then after reboot, it did that thing where it would FC any time it would get to the point of installing a new app - it would download it fine, just FC when trying to install.

Looking forward to the update.zip!

Also, chris420o (here) put together a nice re-theme of the Launcher Pro Beta based on the dark edge red icons - looks pretty good with your theme.

Last edited:

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Market

I got a force close during running metamorph using the apk version, when i was running metamorph i got a force close along the lines of "activity on home/phone has stopped unexpecedly" etc. then ph reboots...now i had to do a hard re-boot (removed battery) & now Im stuck on the "M" damnit, looks like nandroid backup to old BG...help please

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
I got a force close during running metamorph using the apk version, when i was running metamorph i got a force close along the lines of "activity on home/phone has stopped unexpecedly" etc. then ph reboots...now i had to do a hard re-boot (removed battery) & now Im stuck on the "M" damnit, looks like nandroid backup to old BG...help please

Since you sent me a PM about having a problem unzipping the theme file you could have gotten a corrupt download.

Also as mentioned the APK version is for Stock Rooted ROMs only....it there is any doubt that you do or don't have a Pure Stock ROM, then don't use that version.

Also as stated in the Theme instructions, getting a FC during a few of the themes is normal...but not after the reboot.

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Version 1.9 released, download links in Post #1.

This should be the last revision until Droid 2.2 is released (already working on it and should be ready as soon as 2.2 is released).

Changelog

v1.9
  • New! Update.zip Theme installation!
  • Added Themed updated Facebook.apk(v1.2) from 2.2 Froyo
  • Added Themed updated Maps.apk (4.2.0) from 2.2 Froyo
  • Added Themed LauncherPro Beta - Must be installed as LauncherPro.apk in system/app - (see last screen cap below)
  • Added new Themed Market app (Vending.apk 1.713, solves prior Market issues)
  • Enhanced and Colorized Menu Icons (see screen caps below)
  • New "Back to Stock" Update.zip available
  • Removed Both Helix Launchers from theme (1 & 2)
8876d1274727158-mm-theme-928droid-black-glass-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-menu-icons-1.png

8870d1274719986-mm-theme-928droid-black-glass-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-menu-icons-2.png

8878d1274733608-mm-theme-928droid-black-glass-ese81-pure-stock-rooted-droids-launcherpro.png

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
im not able to run, facebook, market, or maps, using the update.zip method. they all force close before opening, im running 2.1, is there a way you can do it so that method doesnt include the new versions? b/c for some reason they wont work...

i tried rebooting and it didnt work still... also i probably skipped something on the first post, but launcher pro is including with the update.zip as well?

Last edited:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
im not able to run, facebook, market, or maps, using the update.zip method. they all force close before opening, im running 2.1, is there a way you can do it so that method doesnt include the new versions? b/c for some reason they wont work...

i tried rebooting and it didnt work still... also i probably skipped something on the first post, but launcher pro is including with the update.zip as well?

Yes, Launcher Pro is included in the 1.9 Update.zip

Due to the fact that updates of those apps were installed from the Market with a different name and location, it is vital to uninstall the updates completely to eliminate the issues you are having.

First off, download the Back to Stock Update.zip from Post #1, put it on the root of the SDcard and rename it to update.zip

Then turn on airplane mode, leave it off until you reboot from applying the 2nd update.zip (apply the back to stock first, then later the 1.9 update.zip, but follow the instructions below ).

Go to Menu>Settings>Applications> Manage Applications and look for each of those updates (Faceboo, Maps, Market) Uninstall them one by leaving the Market update for last, then uninstall it.

Now reboot into recovery and apply the stock update.zip.

After the reboot check your Facebook and Maps apps and see if they are OK. Don't worry about the Market app, IF you left airplabe mode on it won't work anyway without a wireless connection).

Once again go to Menu>Settings>applications>Manage applications and double check there are not "ghost" installations of the 3 apps, this can happen sometime. If you find anything like com.facebook.katana, com.android.vending, com.google.maps or something simlilar uninstall them too.

Once that is done reboot into recovery and apply the 1.9 Update.zip (don't forget to delete the first stock update.zip from before) you wil need to put this on the root of the SDcard renamed as update.zip also.

After you reboot this time you should have cleared out all the old Market updates of those apps. If you continue to have problems send me a PM and I will help you farther.

mrdorunjr

Reaction score

Yes, Launcher Pro is included in the 1.9 Update.zip

Due to the fact that updates of those apps were installed from the Market with a different name and location, it is vital to uninstall the updates completely to eliminate the issues you are having.

First off, download the Back to Stock Update.zip from Post #1, put it on the root of the SDcard and rename it to update.zip

Then turn on airplane mode, leave it off until you reboot from applying the 2nd update.zip (apply the back to stock first, then later the 1.9 update.zip, but follow the instructions below ).

Go to Menu>Settings>Applications> Manage Applications and look for each of those updates (Faceboo, Maps, Market) Uninstall them one by leaving the Market update for last, then uninstall it.

Now reboot into recovery and apply the stock update.zip.

After the reboot check your Facebook and Maps apps and see if they are OK. Don't worry about the Market app, IF you left airplabe mode on it won't work anyway without a wireless connection).

Once again go to Menu>Settings>applications>Manage applications and double check there are not "ghost" installations of the 3 apps, this can happen sometime. If you find anything like com.facebook.katana, com.android.vending, com.google.maps or something simlilar uninstall them too.

Once that is done reboot into recovery and apply the 1.9 Update.zip (don't forget to delete the first stock update.zip from before) you wil need to put this on the root of the SDcard renamed as update.zip also.

After you reboot this time you should have cleared out all the old Market updates of those apps. If you continue to have problems send me a PM and I will help you farther.

i cant find the updates in manage applications...maps vending and facebook are not included in the list of apps...

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
OK, for now use the Back to Stock update.zip and then get the new link for the normal MetaMorph Black Glass 1.9 Theme, the file was just uploaded so get this new version.

WIll get back to you after I try to figure out your issue.

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
OK, for now use the Back to Stock update.zip and then get the new link for the normal MetaMorph Black Glass 1.9 Theme, the file was just uploaded so get this new version.

WIll get back to you after I try to figure out your issue.

alright the back to stock fixed everything it seems, so ill just wait until then, and ill use the metamorph way of it...

dclutter1

Reaction score
Gawd I can't believe how terrible stock looks after getting used to this theme (now that I'm on 2.2) :p

I can't wait until you get a Froyo version of this up!

Gimic26

Reaction score
Gawd I can't believe how terrible stock looks after getting used to this theme (now that I'm on 2.2) :p

I can't wait until you get a Froyo version of this up!

Seriously! Anxiously waiting for this to come to 2.2

dclutter1

Reaction score
Re: [MM Theme] 928Droid "Black Glass" for ESE81 Pure Stock Rooted Droids

Sweet, thanks for the update.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk