[MetaMorph and UPDATE.ZIP] "Back to Stock" for ESE81 Pure Stock Rooted Droids!

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
MetaMorph and UPDATE.ZIP "Back to Stock" for ESE81 Pure Stock Rooted Droids!

New "Back to Stock" UPDATE.ZIP available! (details below)

By popular request!

MetaMorph "Back to Stock" Version:

This MetaMorph XML Theme works on 2.1 ESE81 "Pure Stock Rooted" ROMs or any ESE81 Based ROMs.

This is an XML MM Theme that will change my Themes (and others, see apk list below) back to STOCK.

It replaces XML/PNG files, that are changed with my themes (and most others) with clean stock files from ESE81.

Note: While this will replace themed files in the "res" directories, it will not remove errant files like "thumbs.db", incorrectly named files, etc that could have been added by some themes. If you are having performance issues I recommend replacing the stock apks completely using the Update.zip version (details below).

Direct themes of the following Native/Aftermarket apps are included, it is recommended to apply all of them for a uniform look. (FYI, these are the exact same apps themed in my other MM themes).

AccountAndSyncSettings.apk
AlarmClock.apk
com.android.deskclock.apk "2.1 Desk Clock" (apk must be installed in System/app)
Browser.apk
Calculator.apk
CarDock.apk (Car Home)
com.helixproject.launcher.apk (apk must be installed in System/app)
com.helixproject.launcher2.apk (apk must be installed in System/app)
Camera.apk
Contacts.apk
DownloadProvider.apk
Email.apk
GenieWidget,apk (News and Weather app)
Gmail.apk
Launcher.apk
MediaUploader.apk
Music.apk
Mms.apk
Phone.apk
Settings.apk
Talk.apk
Vending.apk
VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk
YouTube.apk
framework-res.apk

As specified in the Theme File details, do the Framework-Res.apk last, it will either auto-reboot or you will get a screen to manually reboot. You will have to reboot your phone when you apply the last part (framework-res)..sometimes it will do it on it's own. Don't panic it will be fine. If you get a hang on the first reboot, pull the battery and boot again. Never seen it cause any more issues than that.

Please do a search in this Forum if you are unfamiliar with MetaMorph theming.

As always this is "use at your own risk". :)

"BACK TO STOCK" MetaMorph Theme -For all ESE81 ROMs:
Download Link: MM Theme - 928Droid "Back to Stock" for ESE81 V1.2

New "Back to Stock" Update.zip!

These Stock apps are included in the "Back to Stock" UpdateZip

AccountAndSyncSettings.apk
AlarmClock.apk
Browser.apk
Calculator.apk
Calendar.apk
CalendarProvider.apk
CarDock.apk
Camera.apk
Contacts.apk
DeskClock.apk
DownloadProvider.apk
Email.apk
Facebook.apk
GenieWidget.apk (News and Weather)
Gmail.apk
GoogleApps.apk
Launcher.apk
MediaUploader.apk
Music.apk
Mms.apk
Phone.apk
Settings.apk
Talk.apk
Vending.apk
VoiceSearchWithKeyboard.apk
YouTube.apk
framework-res.apk

Don't FORGET to do a full Nandroid backup before applying these Themes!! You have been warned, and I take no responsibilty for any negative impact to your Droid!!

"BACK TO STOCK" Update.zip - Replaces all the Stock Apps listed above with fresh stock copies - NOT for Deodexed ROMs :
Download Link: UPDATE.ZIP Theme - 928Droid ""Back to Stock" for ESE81 (rename to update.zip)

Last edited:

ohioDroid

Reaction score
Trying this now, it seems to get stuck when applying framework.res.apk.

I tried applying the whole theme one time, it got stuck at this point at sat, so I manually rebooted. I tried it again, same result.

Now I'm just applying the framework.res.apk alone, and it's the same deal, gets stuck at that Please Wait screen.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Trying this now, it seems to get stuck when applying framework.res.apk.

I tried applying the whole theme one time, it got stuck at this point at sat, so I manually rebooted. I tried it again, same result.

Now I'm just applying the framework.res.apk alone, and it's the same deal, gets stuck at that Please Wait screen.

Download the new version 1.1 in Post #1 , I reduced the number of files in framework-res. Should be fine now.

Also when theming framework be sure to set the Metamorph Delay setting to max . Menu>Settings.

and VERY Important, makes sure "USB Debugging" is turned on, if not the new MetaMeteMorph will cause your phone to hang up when theming Framework-res

Last edited:

ohioDroid

Reaction score
Just tried it, and it worked!... better. Sort of?

Everything rethemed back to stock, although I see when I check the phone settings that all of the little icons are still colored (Wireless & networks, Applications, etc.). My memory says that wasn't the case before.

Thing is, I actually LIKE it that way. I wanted to go back to the stock theme and then re-theme those icons.

So, if that's not apart of the stock setup, then this didn't work 100% right. But you have a satisfied customer none the less:)

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Just tried it, and it worked!... better. Sort of?

Everything rethemed back to stock, although I see when I check the phone settings that all of the little icons are still colored (Wireless & networks, Applications, etc.). My memory says that wasn't the case before.

Thing is, I actually LIKE it that way. I wanted to go back to the stock theme and then re-theme those icons.

So, if that's not apart of the stock setup, then this didn't work 100% right. But you have a satisfied customer none the less:)

Good catch, sorry about that..fixed in v1.2, link in Post #1.

If you want to keep the Settings Icons just don't run the Settings Theme.

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Thanks for remiinding me, I have posted a new "Back to Stock" Update.zip download in the "Black Glass" theme thread (link in my sig below) and will update this thread and the Post #1 with the new info.

ohioDroid

Reaction score
Let's say I've messed with some of my apps (like the Youtube app), I assume this will override them. Is there a way to pick and choose what apps get messed with? Can I just delete their APKs from the update.zip and it works the same way?

OP
928Droid

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Let's say I've messed with some of my apps (like the Youtube app), I assume this will override them. Is there a way to pick and choose what apps get messed with? Can I just delete their APKs from the update.zip and it works the same way?

Yes you can add or remove apks from the archive and it will work that way.

littlejd

Reaction score
Is there a version of this for the Droid X (all of the Blur apps, I mean)?

Is there a version of this for the Droid X (all of the Blur apps, I mean)?:motdroidvert: