[ROM] MIUI.us-Sholes-1.11.11 [DEV]

Reaction score
Had issues with this build, couldn't get to my music except through the file explorer. Wouldn't load my music through he stock music app or ubermusic. Tried setting folder in stock app but it would only let me choose from two folders. Wiped data and cache 3 times each.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Locked up when switching from WIFI to 3G had to pull battery .
Still can't get ringtones to set either , what is up , is there a trick .

chewy74

Reaction score
not sure why so many of you are having issues with setting ringtones...only issue ive ever had was not being able to assign the "non" ringtone/notification tone without FC and thats resolved as of 11.04 build

you guys retoring any system data with TiBu or the native backup app?

try clearing data for settings & setting storage in the manage applications or use TiBu

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
not sure why so many of you are having issues with setting ringtones...only issue ive ever had was not being able to assign the "non" ringtone/notification tone without FC and thats resolved as of 11.04 build

you guys retoring any system data with TiBu or the native backup app?

try clearing data for settings & setting storage in the manage applications or use TiBu
No , no TiBu , I have tried going through both ring-tone set up processes , 1. select from Music list directly , 2. select "other" then Music through regular ring-tone setup (Themes) . Seems MIUI doesn't recognize Music file tones as ring-tones or labels SD Card ring-tones as Music , can we copy the Music tones to our ring-tone file on System>Media>Audio>Ring-tones/Notification Tones maybe ? Kind of a hassle , it would be easier if MIUI Devs made it so we would not have to do a work around like that .
Android picks up ring-tones on your SD Card even if they are not part of the ROM , they can be folders or part of a left over ROM , I have R2D2 ring-tones and some I have DLed as mp3 and some generated by RingDroid .
They have always worked up until the last MIUI ROMs .

Last edited:

budyser

Reaction score
No , no TiBu , I have tried going through both ring-tone set up processes , 1. select from Music list directly , 2. select "other" then Music through regular ring-tone setup (Themes) . Seems MIUI doesn't recognize Music file tones as ring-tones or labels SD Card ring-tones as Music , can we copy the Music tones to our ring-tone file on System>Media>Audio>Ring-tones/Notification Tones maybe ? Kind of a hassle , it would be easier if MIUI Devs made it so we would not have to do a work around like that .
Android picks up ring-tones on your SD Card even if they are not part of the ROM , they can be folders or part of a left over ROM , I have R2D2 ring-tones and some I have DLed as mp3 and some generated by RingDroid .
They have always worked up until the last MIUI ROMs .

I moved an mp3 file into System>Media>Audio>Ringtones on the last version and it didnt work, so its something with the file format i guess? If you load 1.10.21 and then the current version over the top everything works fine, but thats kind of a pain.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Guys I have never had a problem with custom tones, all mp3s, on any build including the current awesomeness dropped this weekend.
Perhaps you need to see the permissions set for your additions in the system media audio folders. Make sure that you mirror the identical permissions that the other tones have. Finally rescan media, or clear data in media storage and it will scan.
Hope this solves things.
walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

budyser

Reaction score
Do you wipe data with each install? or install over the top?

joebro84

Reaction score
This build is running great!

I'm currently using Link2sd. Build 1.10.21 is the only build where I didn't have to do a quick reboot in order for Link2sd to see my 2nd partition. What made that build different than all the rest?

Last edited:

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Do you wipe data with each install? or install over the top?
Not sure if this is directed to me?
If not, to quote Governor Perry, "Ooops!"
I have done both and also have unzipped the dl and added some apps in data folder, made changes to prop, copied audio into media folder, set up scripts for link2sd, etc and then compress to zip and flash. All have gone off without a hitch.

danceswithbongs

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
I moved an mp3 file into System>Media>Audio>Ringtones on the last version and it didnt work, so its something with the file format i guess? If you load 1.10.21 and then the current version over the top everything works fine, but thats kind of a pain.
Moving worked for me .
Fresh install coming from Froyo FRG83G .

1linuxfreak

Reaction score
Guys I have never had a problem with custom tones, all mp3s, on any build including the current awesomeness dropped this weekend.
Perhaps you need to see the permissions set for your additions in the system media audio folders. Make sure that you mirror the identical permissions that the other tones have. Finally rescan media, or clear data in media storage and it will scan.
Hope this solves things.
danceswithbongs
Permissions are correct and have been for a year now , perhaps someone that knows the ROM can interject .
ROMs see mp3 as Music , .ogg as Themes , even if it is in system/media/audio/ringtone folder not how Android is suppose to work .

Here is a quick primer on ringtones.

1. Music files need to be under 300k to not appear in your music lists.
2. The name that appears in the list is generated from the tag on the ogg/mp3 file. If the title tag is not present then the filename is used.
3. Creating the proper folder structure will cause the files to show up in the ringtones/notifications/alarms lists

Example: internal sd/media/audio/ringtones

Duplicate ringtones are most often caused by multiple files with the same Title in the ogg/mp3 tag.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So I have been off MIUI for a very long time now, just too many issues for my day-to-day use. I absolutly love the ROM, but functionality is key for me. I have read good things about this new version so I flashed it and set it all up.

I too was having issues with custom ringtones playing as the default instead. I transfered mp3's and fixed some permissions and I believe it is working now. Secondly however, my miui gallery is really annoying me. I have been trying to change a few icons on my home screen and almost every time i go into my icons folder in MIUI gallery, it waits a few seconds and brings me back a folder, again and again and again... I only was able to get 3 icons changed so far because of this. Ideas?

chewy74

Reaction score
so everytime you try to set a custom icon and go into the folder that holds the icons you get sent back to the previous folder?

How are you navigating the gallery? meaning are you viewing through the favorites, All folder, or SD card table above?

I use all folders and it doesnt give me any problems, but when i try to navigate with the SD card view it will kill my gallery and close it out without a FC message *Edit: Nevermind, it was getting killed from low memeory, and working fine now

Mag's included a copy of the non MIUI gallery as well for those who dont like the MIUI one. so give that a try if all else fails

Last edited: