MIUI and Swype.

smoonyheim

Reaction score
So i did search before posting! (just wanted to say that beforehand!)

So i'll install my swype beta installer, get swype installed, get swype on, but when i go to use it it says "the swype package you installed is configured for another device and will operate with limited functionality."

OP
S

smoonyheim

Reaction score
ya i posted there but no one has replied, hoping maybe someone here had an idea ;)

it's happening on both my droid and my incredible so i figured the droidr's generally know what they're doing! =P

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Delete anything Swype related from you SD card and uninstall it all from your phone. Then go into the email and redownload with the stock browser. People have confirmed using other browsers but my didn't work properly until I used the stock browser and it worked first try. Go through the installation process. If it asks you to generate a license you'll have to delete it all and do it again. Might take a few tries but it will says it's licensing Swype and give you the option to finish. After you select that, reboot. Should work perfectly after that

OP
S

smoonyheim

Reaction score
got it to work.

however,

where did the damn enter key go!?!?

the smiley button is there, but i don't see an option to remove the retarded smiley thing for the enter key.

i never use the smiley, but ALWAYS use the enter key =(

OP
S

smoonyheim

Reaction score
awwwwww

=(

i'm sick of this smiley key. it makes me hate my life =P

i can't even figure a way to use the enter key at all. like to just press symbols or SOMETHING =(

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try deleting it all and downloading it again. Might fix it. I'm not sure though since that didn't happen to me but it still might help.