Swype

LHLXD

Reaction score
It worked on my thunderbolt for spacing but the only problem I have with the beta version of it is that when I power off the device and power it back on, the swype application is running the background but swype doesnt work. I have to keep on force stop the process and re-enable swype again the make it work.

gvanmeter

Reaction score
It doesn't auto space with HTC's stock sense 2.0 text messaging software. The auto space will work in other text fields such a this forum. It also works well with Handscent texting app, which forced me to try it...and I must say I do like it. The beta Swype app will sometimes quit recognizing swypes. To fix this, just longpress on the text field and then when you take your finger off the screen, it gives you the option to change the input method. Change it to touch input...then longpress again and switch back to Swype..it will then work.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

alboboy10

Reaction score
I e-mailed the developers also but didn't get an email back.

Mine just doesn't work, I tried checking, unchecking, resetting, changing input method...did everything but tried a different messaging client which I dont really want to do (I dont want to use handcent, or gosms or chomp)

AGH idk why they couldn't include it. I began to hate the swype keyboard on my DX because they changed the letters, but for this phone it feels amazing (the black keyboard is great) just the auto spacing and punctuation is annoying!

viper1549

Reaction score
It doesn't auto space with HTC's stock sense 2.0 text messaging software. The auto space will work in other text fields such a this forum. It also works well with Handscent texting app, which forced me to try it...and I must say I do like it. The beta Swype app will sometimes quit recognizing swypes. To fix this, just longpress on the text field and then when you take your finger off the screen, it gives you the option to change the input method. Change it to touch input...then longpress again and switch back to Swype..it will then work.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

+1 I have to do that as well.. Works but a pain

Sent from the Bolt.

LHLXD

Reaction score
Thanks Gvanmeter for your input on re-enabling the swype the easier way. You are right about the HTC Sense 2.0 Text Message Application. It works will on GoSMS though.

LHLXD

Reaction score
P.s. what keyboards does everyone use

I use swiftkey and love it! The text prediction engine has me typing fewer keys and creating more content faster. It is FREE today in the Amazon app store.

LOL yeah, Got that this morning just in case the swype beta closes in on me. It is a great alternative better than the stock HTC Sense Keyboard.

mitchb2

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear they're working on it. My gripe is that the text box doesn't scroll to follow your typing. You have to keep dragging the box as you go. And in some cases, like facebook, you can't move the screen unless you close the keyboard! Maddening.

Maddox

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can get the swype keyboard for my Thunderbolt? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

polish23

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can get the swype keyboard for my Thunderbolt? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's not in the marketplace you will have to go to google and download the beta from the swype website and download it straight to your phone, you may also want to get another sms app like handcent so that the swype app works properly too.
Swype | Text Input for Screens

polish23

Reaction score
Well, yeah but it will ask you do that first either way, at least that's what it made me do... I don't know though, I'm definitely not an expert, I just got my TB and it's my first Droid

alboboy10

Reaction score
I just tried to update and its stuck on the installer screen to license it.

Edit...fixed it!

New swype is amazing wow

Last edited:

andysom25

Reaction score
Where can I get a swype apk that will work on incredible 2? I am getting this phone soon

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums