MIUI and Swype Beta Not Licensing.

DanDroidX

Reaction score
Due to the fact that the settings.apk is so different in MIUI, Swype Beta is not able to be registered. To register Swype Beta one must fully disable Swype, which MIUI does not allow. MIUI only allows switching of IMEs. Is there a chance that this can be fixed in the next update, post 1.1.7.0?

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Grab the swype in the addon section of the op of this thread, no installer needed Click

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i believe it is. I cant really tell a difference between it and the beta version, besides the colors.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Delete every version of Swype from you SD card including the installer. Redownload the installer with the stock Android browser, run through all of the steps. Once it creates the license, reboot and it should work flawlessly. Works for me every time but you may have to do it a few.

soccer568

Reaction score
I have never had a problem licensing swype. I am actually running it right now on 1.1.7 but last time i had this problem I deleted the swype installer and uninstalled swype and then tried it again and had no problems. I hope that works for you.

acepelon

Reaction score
I never had any problem with any of the MIUI versions until 12.31 and I tried everything everyone suggested, backwards and forwards, 30 or more times. Way past the time I should have given up. I never got it installed. I upgraded to 1.7 and I didn't have a problem. Worked first time. I always wipe all partitions manually, too, before any ROM upgrade.

I uninstalled Swype from 1.7 and installed the black swype version from the Black and Bold theme and it worked fine too.

Good luck.

joyu

Reaction score
Mine didn't work until I restarted the phone. Good luck

SirVilhelm

Reaction score
I was never able to get it working for me either, searched and did everything that was suggested. I am a part of the beta too but I ended up finding the hacked version just so I can use it. The DRM they use is a total ***** and I hate it much. If you need help PM me...

Anathema

Reaction score
I have yet to have swype not install correctly. I run the swype installer, regardless of if it's still installed, let it download, then set swype as my primary keyboard and reboot my phone. Once it boots up it always works for me. If I don't reboot it won't let me "swype" anything and gives me the blue box around my keyboard.

reebz

Reaction score
I had same problem. I uninstalled Swype and installer, rebooted, re-installed and it worked without issue

NuLL.n.VoiD

Reaction score
I tried every combo I can think of with reboots in between and still no luck. How about the D1-MIUI team just put in a toggle for disabling the keyboard? Then we can all move forward. I really need my swype. I am giving MIUI a second chance. Last time had a lot of FC's. I hate to dump all that work in getting MIUI just the way I want it just for lack of a stupid toggle.