Miui and Kernels

x25064

Reaction score
Is there any specific or reccomended kernels for Miui?

I dislike how laggy it runs on the stock kernel on my phone, and would like to run something 1 ghz, ulv, that isn't P3.

I tried the Chevy kernel and got stuck at the white Miui loading screen. It just sat there loading for 10 minutes with no progress, bootloops, or anything.

Thanks.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
I like Slayher's kernels but they drain the battery in my phone in a matter of hours. They also run extremely hot for me under any significant load (52C). Yes, even with setcpu =/

The thing that really bugs me about them is you cannot see your battery usage stats.

Any other suggestions guys?

juniorjwh

Reaction score
P3 kernels seem to work the best and cool. Plus, jamezelle based his compcache kernel off of p3 kernel. But don't use his kernel right now, it has issues and he hasn't had time with his hd taking a dump.

I like Slayher's kernels but they drain the battery in my phone in a matter of hours. They also run extremely hot for me under any significant load (52C). Yes, even with setcpu =/

The thing that really bugs me about them is you cannot see your battery usage stats.

Any other suggestions guys?

D1 MIUI 1.28 p3LV125-1250 w/ RAMZSWAP & SetCPU using Mr_DSL's BlissSuaveHD v8 Theme. And onsht1kll's Time out Mod.

***Thank You JAMZELLE***

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
My problem with P3 kernels is actually worse then it is with slayher kernels. My phone HATES them for whatever reason, which really sucks.

juniorjwh

Reaction score
Strange..... If it was me I would, make sure my system is stock miui and flash different voltages and slots and go from there.

D1 MIUI 1.28 p3LV125-1250 w/ RAMZSWAP & SetCPU using Mr_DSL's BlissSuaveHD v8 Theme. And onsht1kll's Time out Mod.

***Thank You JAMZELLE***

AutoCANE

Reaction score
My experience - jamezelle's kernel gives me by far the best battery life and my phone runs ice cold, but I need to figure out how to kill compcache because once it has been running a while, the comp literally cripples the phone.

I'm using slayher for now until J's kernel is optimized.

phaze3131

Reaction score
can someone post some links of how to find these kernels? thanks

Last edited: