Missing Sync 4 Android- weak solution

chilidipper

Reaction score
I made the mistake of buying the mssing sync for PC. I have had nothing but problems with install and getting it to work. Only to find out they do not support Outlook 2010 with exchange and they will not respond to any of my questions. aLL i WANT TO DO IS SYNC MY CALENDAR.
LET ME SAVE YOU $39 AND SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE AND DO NOT BOTHER.

Last edited:

g1tox

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, i was looking at this also.

OP
C

chilidipper

Reaction score
I was not hoping for a "fix all", but did at least expected this to do one thing "sync calendar. Oh Well, lesson learned. I was very surprised at the lack of support. They post no TS # and do not reply to online requests.
I am unfortuntely going to have to use a Corporate Smart ph that has the microsoft mobile software to enable me to do my job properly. It is too bad I have grown to really like my Droid and I started drinking the Google kool Aid by the gallons! I just got it dialed with all the google goodies.
Verizon informed that the new 2.2 version will address this problem, but i have to wait til they

g1tox

Reaction score
I was not hoping for a "fix all", but did at least expected this to do one thing "sync calendar. Oh Well, lesson learned. I was very surprised at the lack of support. They post no TS # and do not reply to online requests.
I am unfortuntely going to have to use a Corporate Smart ph that has the microsoft mobile software to enable me to do my job properly. It is too bad I have grown to really like my Droid and I started drinking the Google kool Aid by the gallons! I just got it dialed with all the google goodies.
Verizon informed that the new 2.2 version will address this problem, but i have to wait til they

I was just reading in the droid incredible forums that Touchdown Exchange works well. Might want to check it out.

Motorola Offering Droid X Owners Free TouchDown Exchange Licenses

http://erictric.com/2010/08/10/motorola-offering-droid-x-owners-free-touchdown-exchange-licenses/

Last edited:

rickt99

Reaction score
The Missing Sync

I made the mistake of buying the mssing sync for PC. I have had nothing but problems with install and getting it to work. Only to find out they do not support Outlook 2010 with exchange and they will not respond to any of my questions. aLL i WANT TO DO IS SYNC MY CALENDAR.
LET ME SAVE YOU $39 AND SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE AND DO NOT BOTHER.

Hello,

You are right: The Missing Sync does support Outlook, but doesn't support Exchange, (While Touchdown does). So, it looks like Touchdown might be your best option for email & PIM data. But the Missing Sync does provide several features that you may still be interested in, including:

• Music
  • Video
  • Call Log
  • SMS Log
  • File Sync

On the other hand, it's possible that those features don't matter that much to you. Either way, Mark/Space wants to ensure that you are able to resolve this matter to your satisfaction. Should you decide that a full refund is what you'd like, then we'll process that for you. Use this link, if that's how you'd like to proceed.

Regards,

-- rick

wmscottmc

Reaction score
Does Touchdown sync tasks and memo's, and integrate tasks into the calendar based on due date, like on the BB's?

Quick

Reaction score
You are right: The Missing Sync does support Outlook, but doesn't support Exchange, (While Touchdown does). So, it looks like Touchdown might be your best option for email & PIM data. But the Missing Sync does provide several features that you may still be interested in, including:

• Music
  • Video
  • Call Log
  • SMS Log
  • File Sync
On the other hand, it's possible that those features don't matter that much to you.

I want to sync with Outlook (without going through gmail) and I'm interested in all those other things as well :). Just got a Droid 2 and I'm preparing to migrate from my beloved Treo 720p (Garnet). Is missing sync what I'm looking for? Can I use missing sync to painlessly sync from my Treo to the Droid and then sync the droid with my PC from then on?

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I want to sync with Outlook (without going through gmail) and I'm interested in all those other things as well :). Just got a Droid 2 and I'm preparing to migrate from my beloved Treo 720p (Garnet). Is missing sync what I'm looking for? Can I use missing sync to painlessly sync from my Treo to the Droid and then sync the droid with my PC from then on?

Please let us know if you find an app that will sync outlook to the DX withOUT using gmail (and that syncs ALL Outlook data, and displays it correctly on the phone). I tried a few apps, they didnt work well. I ended up migrating all of my outlook data to gmail/calendar, but would rather use Outlook if a good sync and PIM solution exists. (I never did transfer my outlook notes and tasks)

Aximtreo

Reaction score
I still say that there is some collusion going on here. You can't tell me that some young software genius can't provide a sync program to seamless sync between X or any Droid based phone without have to go through Google. Why not just take Autosync and apply it to android platforms. Some one do something.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
For some reason, I dont think there is much demand for this. Ive had this conversation with many on these forums and they dont see the problem. Most just use google calendar (gmail), and most dont seem to use the PIM functions on this phone like many of us have on BB's or Palms over the years. Others use Exchange which apparently does work much better.

I didnt want to convert to google because
a) I didnt want all of my personal info on the internet
b) Some Outlook data like memo's wouldnt even convert
c) There are issues with recurring tasks in google (compared to outlook)
d) even if you migrate data from outlook to google, tasks and other info isnt displayed in the agenda/day views making it hard to see your appts and tasks on 1 screen
e) using gmail to manage your PIM data is cumbersome at best.

Let us know if you find a good solution, but good luck with that.

I miss datebk.

Quick

Reaction score
For some reason, I dont think there is much demand for this. Ive had this conversation with many on these forums and they dont see the problem. Most just use google calendar (gmail), and most dont seem to use the PIM functions on this phone like many of us have on BB's or Palms over the years. Others use Exchange which apparently does work much better.

I didnt want to convert to google because
a) I didnt want all of my personal info on the internet
b) Some Outlook data like memo's wouldnt even convert
c) There are issues with recurring tasks in google (compared to outlook)
d) even if you migrate data from outlook to google, tasks and other info isnt displayed in the agenda/day views making it hard to see your appts and tasks on 1 screen
e) using gmail to manage your PIM data is cumbersome at best.

Let us know if you find a good solution, but good luck with that.

I miss datebk.

I'm missing datebk more and more. There doesn't seem to be any decent integrated PIM application... or maybe it was datebk was simply genius. I need an integrated view on the phone, linking, the way events are done, and the thousand other things...

The sync thing is puzzling. Maybe it's a Palm mindset thing but they *really* had the PC sync/integration thing down with the HotSync Manager infrastructure. Same thing with apps that have a PC component and a client component. For example I haven't found a good password manager that syncs directly with a component that runs on the PC... sigh. The internet/cloud is nice but I don't want to be dependent on it or not know where my stuff is being kept, by whom, and how they might use it, abuse it, or lose it.