Sync Outlook Calendar and Contacts - not using Google

Rfernandez714

Reaction score
I would like to sync my Outlook Calendar, contacts and Email onto my Droid X. I do NOT want to use Google calendar, etc. to manage this info as I do not wish to have this info reside on Google's website for security reasons. I want the sync to happen between my computer and my phone, not exchanged via the internet. I contacted Touchdown and they do not support Droid X. I did find Companion Link but this is only for Calendar and contacts. Does anyone have a suggestions on 3rd party software?

abean

Reaction score
I am using Touchdown on the X and it works great.

wmscottmc

Reaction score
I have the same concerns and a few questions:

If Touchdown is used, does it use the google calendar at all? Does it sync to Outlook on the pc (like BB's) and not require MS Exchange? And most important - how do you config the Droid X so that it does not write out personal data to the internet? (Ive been told that the Droid requires a google acct and that the Droid will sync at least contacts and calendar data to the 'cloud' even if a program like Touchdown is used)

Thanks!

stryguy

Reaction score
I have the same concerns and a few questions:

If Touchdown is used, does it use the google calendar at all? Does it sync to Outlook on the pc (like BB's) and not require MS Exchange? And most important - how do you config the Droid X so that it does not write out personal data to the internet? (Ive been told that the Droid requires a google acct and that the Droid will sync at least contacts and calendar data to the 'cloud' even if a program like Touchdown is used)

Thanks!

You can turn off all syncing to the "cloud" or just turn off individual parts.

You realize touchdown doesn't sync outlook to your phone.. it syncs the email server to your phone and basically does the same thing as Corporate Sync (which is free on the phone) but adds a few features.

Email servers supported are:

Exchange Server 2003 SP2 and above
Zimbra
Kerio
Novell GroupWise **
Sun Java Communication Suite **
Oracle OCS & Beehive Suites **
Mirapoint Messaging Server **
Alt-N MDaemon **
People Cube's Meeting Maker **
OpenText First Class **
Google Premier Apps **
Mirapoint **

doomsday

Reaction score
Use "Missing Sync" from markspace.com. Worked perfectly. Syncs my outlook (contacts, calendar, notes, etc...) to my Droid X. You need to download (free in the market) fliq notes and fliq calendar.