Missing Gscripts

Jester1

Reaction score
Hi all. I. Just installed this ROM and love it!! Great job Squidly. I did a quick search and did not find the answer to my question. I only have three options when I open Gscript Lite. The first time I installed the rom I had all of the options. Does anyone know how to get them back??

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Try dumping data/cache. If that doesn't work Id use terminal emulator to remove gscripts and then resinstall it

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
From terminal type gscripts then all will be good as explained in the first thread,I tried to think of everything lol. The reasons why you do not have them is because you probably wiped after install the gscripts go to data.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jester1

Reaction score
Thanks Squid. Worked like a charm after I forced closed Gscript. This Rom has been amazing. I have never seen such good battery life out of my droid 2 no matter which rom I tried and with no tweaking needed! Simply amazing!!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Uninstall it. It will only reinstall when you wipe or delete it from preinstall

ek_skotous

Reaction score
GScript Lite also missing commands for me

I am having the same problem with GScript Lite missing all but three commands

The only three commands I have are:

Reboot Phone
List SD-CARD
CPU Information

I searched the forums and tried fixing it with a terminal window as has been suggested elsewhere by squidly and others.

Here is what I tried.
1) Launch Terminal
2) Type "su" to go into superuser mode in terminal (which does give the # prompt and the pop-up notice that it switched into superuser mode
3) type "gscripts" and hit enter
4) After doing step 3 above I get the following response:

gscripts Not installed
1) Place gscripts.sqlite On The SDCard
2) Turn off USB storage
3) Rerun Script To Try Again

I am not sure where to get the file it is looking for nor I am sure exactly what it means by turn off USB storage (unmount the SD card?)

I know at one point I had all of the GScript commands there but I am not sure where they went. I recently had to reset my phone a couple of times (at squidly's suggesstion) to fix an unrelated Google Account sync issue. Everything has been working great since then and I finally have everything installed and reconfigured. I was just starting to look around and noticed when trying Gscript Lite that the commands are all gone now.

Please tell me there is a fix for this besides another reset as this happened after I did the last resets to fix another problem

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

ek_skotous

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Ok the reset got rid of them and the fault is either your sd isn't mounted or the file isn't there the file is sdcard/stock/nlrogro.gscriptslite.sqlite if it isn't there extract it from my zip then run the command once its in sdcard/stock.

ek_skotous

Reaction score
Ok the reset got rid of them and the fault is either your sd isn't mounted or the file isn't there the file is sdcard/stock/nlrogro.gscriptslite.sqlite if it isn't there extract it from my zip then run the command once its in sdcard/stock.

Thanks Squidly! That was exactly what was wrong. I had a seperate post on here recently about running out of free space on my SD card. I had removed the Stock folder from my SD card not realizing it was needed for anything else after the ROM was loaded. I located the file (which was actually called "gscriptlite.sqlite" in the following location within the full ROM ZIP file: SQUIDLY2.3.20.2fullblur.zip\sdcard\stock\gscriptlite.sqlite

I recreated a stock folder on my SD card and copied an extracted copy of this file to that location. Once that was done I re-ran the terminal commands and it re-created the needed GScript options. Thanks again for your help with that!

Aside from the gscripts issue whith thanks again to your help is now fixed, is there anything else I will need from that stock folder if I don't plan on messing with transitions? If so could I just extract the entire stock folder from the ZIP and copy it back to my SD card or does the installation process used for your ROM do something more involved to generate that stock folder from multiple locations within the ROM zip file?

Thanks again!

ek_skotous

xXFlashXx517

Reaction score
Hey squid I had a question... today my phone was acting up so I did a factory reset.
Now its working fine but I dont all the gscripts. I just have the first 3, so what can I do to reinstall all the gscripts back onto my phone? Idk how to open terminal or any of that.
Please help =[

JustJack1235

Reaction score
Hey squid I had a question... today my phone was acting up so I did a factory reset.
Now its working fine but I dont all the gscripts. I just have the first 3, so what can I do to reinstall all the gscripts back onto my phone? Idk how to open terminal or any of that.
Please help =[

Its in the market. Download it~ android terminal by jack palvich. Once u download it. Open it and type SU and hit enter. Press allow when the popup window opens. Then type gscripts or gscript . Then reboot. And ur done

Sent on the fly~